Football has become as American as baseball and apple pie. Millions of us crave watching our favorite players duke it out on the grid iron. In this video I am showing you how to make a football themed door hanger that can be customized to support your favorite team!
I don’t know if y’all love football like I do but, whether you do or not, chances are you have loved ones or customers who do. This football door hanger is so quick and easy to make! So, there’s no reason not to make a few to have on hand. My door hanger is all about LSU, but you can make yours to suit anyone’s loyalty.
Football Themed Door Hanger
When we think about fall, many of us think pumpkins, pretty leaves, and Halloween. But there is something else about fall that many Americans look forward to with gusto: foot ball season! Whether it’s the NFL, college, or high school, football fans are some of the most die hard fans there are. We already rock the apparel and the flags, but what about football porch decor y’all? In the video below, I show you how to combine a pigskin sign and a Terri bow to make a super simple way to show your team spirit!
One of the best things about making crafts with team sports themes is that you can use color combos that you normally wouldn’t. The colors are always vibrant too. You can also use these projects as a good way to use up leftover supplies. If you offer customized team items you may be able to give new purpose to that purple from Halloween or red from Christmas. And, did I mention the animal prints?
Making the Terri Bow
I use the Pro Bow to make my Terri bow for this project. The tool makes it simple for me to create Terri bows and I love the way they look. However, I know that some of you are intimidated by the tool. This video shows you step-by-step how to use the Pro Bowl. I hope by the end you’ll feel confident enough to try it! We’ve had a ton of orders for the Pro Bow recently so many of you are ready to try it. I want to see what you’re making so be sure to post your bows on my wall so we can check them out! If you aren’t ready to take the bow making tool plunge yet that doesn’t mean you can’t make a Terri bow. You can also make them by hand! I also have a video tutorial that shows you exactly how to make a Terri bow without a tool.
Making a Terri Bow
- Start by measuring out a piece of 24-inch wire. You’re going to need to cut and have 2 of these per bow.
- Next, take your first ribbon of choice (start with your 1.5" ribbons then move to your 2.5" ribbons after that) and set it aside. Grab one of the wires that you just cut and fold it in half. Measure the ribbon out about 6 inches, give it a pinch, and tie it off with the wire.
- Take that ribbon and wrap it around your center peg. Give it a little pinch on the bottom then tie it with the wire and wrap the wire around the bottom peg. Tie if off on the top. Doing this gives you a center loop.
- Now it’s time to add your second wire. Take the second piece of cut wire and fold it in half. Work it through the bottom of the ribbon that is the newly created center ribbon and twist it off using the wire.
- Take your ribbon and loop up and around the center ribbon and around the next pegs on the left and right of the center ribbon. Then, tie it off at the bottom.
- At this point, you’ll do the same with your remaining ribbons as well. Follow the same steps of grabbing your third wire, folding in half, circling around the bottom center loop and around the next two pegs on the left and right that are currently empty.
- For the final step of using up the four cut wires, do this exact same process again with the fourth ribbon and fourth wire.
- Do these steps over and over again until you’ve come to the end of the pegs. Use the 4" ribbon once at the last peg.
- Once tied, pull off the pegs and you’ve created your very own wreath bow!
Making a Football Themed Door Hanger
- Use the floral pin to poke two holes in the left side of the football.
- Make your Terri bow. (see recipe above)
- You will have two pieces of floral wire on your bow. Feed one piece of wire through one of the holes on the football. Repeat with the second piece of wire and second hole. Tie the two pieces of wire together and twist to secure.
- That's it y'all! You now have a fun and simple football door hanger.
I know a lot of us are missing sports right now. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t still support our favorite teams! Whether it’s for your alma mater or a professional team, you can put this football door hanger together in a snap. And, hopefully soon, we will be able to watch our much-loved quarter backs doing some snaps of their own!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
We Think You’ll Enjoy These Related Posts: