Did you get your hands on the tulip and cross evergreen door hanger kit? Today, I’m showing you how to assemble this simple beauty!
Kits are so much fun, we love putting them together. And it takes the pressure of choosing supplies off of you. When the supplies are all there in front of you, all that’s left to do is put them together into a beautiful arrangement. This tulip and cross evergreen door hanger kit is a simple as it is beautiful. That makes it a double win!
In the video, I show you how to assemble this everyday door hanger. The results are so lovely, you are going to love this one! Grab your floral stems and zip ties and let’s get started!
Tulip and Cross Evergreen Door Hanger Kit
Tulips are such a classic in floral design. They are beautiful on there own and come in so many different colors. When they are mixed into an arrangement, they are even more fabulous.
Tulips also give us all the spring feels. In the northern states, these beauties are some of the first flowers to pop up. They signal the end to a long winter and give the promise that warm weather is just around the corner.
No matter where you’re from, tulips give us the promises of new life and new beginnings. While they are perfect for spring decor that doesn’t mean you can’t use them for year round wreaths and door hanger designs.
This door hanger is the ideal for spring door decor but it will also be a great fit any day of the year. If you are loving the tulips and want to use more, check out our post on how to make a handmade tulip wreath!
Are you getting really excited about spring designs now? I know y’all, me too. In fact, we are so pumped about it that we put together a post that is full of ideas and designs for spring door decor! Whether you’re ready for a recipe `you can jump right in and make or just browsing for inspiration, you’re sure to find something you love!
Missed the kit? No worries!
If you missed this kit, there’s no need to panic! You can still pull off the simplicity and loveliness of this tulip door hanger design. All you need to do is find a similar grapevine cross door hanger base. Then choose a floral spray with a mix of bright colors, a wispy stem of greenery, and a spray with pretty little white flowers.
Next, grab some ribbons of the same size and colors that compliment your florals. You’ll see how I make this kit in the video and be able to just swap in your own supplies. Easy peasy, pretty and breezy!
Tulip and Cross Evergreen Door Hanger Kit
- grapevine cross door hanger base
- 2 floral sprays One full and colorful, one tiny white flowers
- greenery stems small wispy stem
- wire cutters
- zip ties
- EZ Bow Maker
- 3 1.5 wired ribbon
- pipe cleaners
- Start by fluffing out your floral stems so that they are 3D instead of flat. Then use the wire cutters to trim the stem.
- Use zip ties to attach the floral spray to the side of the cross frame. Arrange the floral spray to go across the cross at a slight diagonal.
- Next, trim the greenery stem and then add it too the bottom of the floral spray going the opposite direction so the stems meet. Use another zip tie to attach it to the frame.
- Now it's time to make the bow. Start with one 1.5" ribbon and measure an 8" tail. Twist the ribbon and add it to the bowmaker. Then make one 6" loop, leave another tail and then trim the ribbon from the spool. Repeat this process with the other 2 1.5" ribbons. Then use a pipe cleaner to secure the center of the bow.
- Next, use the pipe cleaner to attach the bow to the cross frame at the spot where your greenery and floral stems meet.
- Fluff the bow and the floral spray and then dovetail the ends of your ribbons.
- Next, fluff out your spray of tiny white flowers and separate them into smaller sections. Add one section to the bottom of the arrangement, under the bow. Then add one to the top of the arrangement.
Did you notice how easy this tulip and cross door hanger is to make, y’all? A few zip ties and an uncomplicated bow transforms a simple floral spray into something magnificent. And remember, even if you don’t have the exact supplies that were available in the kit, you can still make this beautiful door hanger. A little swapping and subbing and you’ll be in business!
Just pin this tulip and evergreen cross door hanger tutorial below to find the instructions later!
CHECK OUT MORE GRAPEVINE WREATHS
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.