Sometimes I just need a quick win. Anyone with me? Y’all know I love the over-the-top wreaths with all the flowers, ribbons, signs, bows, and decor. However (believe it or not), I can really appreciate and admire a simple project as well—particularly if it only takes me five minutes or less to put together!
Take a look at this 5-minute DIY Mardi Gras wreath, for example. We found the cutest base and simply fancied it up with a couple of coordinating ribbons. You can apply this same concept for any other holiday too – Easter, Halloween, Christmas, you name it!
5-Minute DIY Mardi Gras Wreath
Y’all we looked for more of the Mardi Gras wreath bases featured in this video, but it looks like they are all out. It’s possible they will be restocked, but it isn’t a guarantee.
So, one way to re-create the look is taking a grapevine wreath and adding berry picks or a garland wrap. It’ll take a little bit more time than 5-minutes, but in the end you’ll get a very similar design.
DIY Mardi Gras Wreath
- Using your EZ Bowmaker, start with a 8" tail.
- Create (1) 5.5" loop using 1.5" ribbon.
- Using a different 1.5" ribbon pattern, stack another bow with an 8" tail and 5.5" loops.
- Layer a 3rd bow using a different 1.5" ribbon pattern with an 88" tail and 5.5" loops.
- Tie it off the bow tightly with a pipe cleaner.
- Fluff out your bow and wreath base.
- Attach the bow to wreath base using the pipe cleaner that's securing the bow together.
- Tuck excess pipe cleaner into the wreath.
- Cut the ribbon tails at an angle or dove tail them.
There you have it – a simple, no-fuss Mardis Gray wreath that anyone can put together. Get creative and make this one your own!