Nothing says summer like ice cream and patriotic decor, y’all! Today, I’m giving you a fabulous patriotic ice cream door hanger that is the perfect addition to your summer line up!
I don’t know about y’all, but I’m always ready for summer and summer wreaths! Y’all know that barefoot and in shorts is my favorite way to exist. That makes the warm months my favorite! Today, I’m showing you how to make a patriotic ice cream door hanger and it is so cute. I love the way this turned out so much that I think I’m keeping it for my own door. In the video below, I’m showing you how to make your own!
Patriotic Ice Cream Door Hanger
Y’all, it’s always a good time to work on patriotic projects for your shop. This decor category is one of the few that sells almost year round. Many Americans love to display our colors all year but especially from Memorial Day to Labor Day. That means that ice cream and patriotic decor make the perfect pair! If you are looking for another project that brings these two together, check out our post that shows you how to make a red, white, and blue wreath. It’s a beautiful wreath with a cute little patriotic ice cream bar!
One of the best things about this adorable project is that it is super quick to do! It looks amazing but only takes minutes to make. Projects like this that are simple and fast to make are a great way to beef up your shop. You can make several of them at a time which saves time and money. And, when you have a few other quick designs, your shop will start filling up in no time! If you want to know more about making multiples of your wreath designs, we have a post for that too.
Y’all, this project obviously uses a specific ice cream cone base that may not be available when you read this post. That doesn’t mean that you can’t make this project though! Once you learn this method, you’ll be able to return to it anytime you find a great sign that you want to use. Every season brings fun new things to the market and you’re sure to find an item that will work with this method. Think of a giant snowflake for winter or pumpkin for fall, you get the idea!
- Grab the EZ Bow Maker and a 2.5" ribbon. Measure an 8" tail, twist the ribbon, and add it into the bowmaker. Make a 6" loop, twist the ribbon, then add it to the bowmaker and repeat on the other side. Trim a shorter tail this time.
- Next use the 5/8" ribbon and repeat the same process making your tails even lengths this time.
- Now use a 1.5" ribbon and repeat the same process again.
- Repeat the same method with the other 5/8" ribbon.
- Use the other 1.5" ribbon to make the last layer of your bow making the loops slightly smaller than the last ones.
- Finally, take two pipe cleaners and twist the ends together to make one long pipe cleaner. Remove your bow from the bow maker and use the long pipe cleaner to secure the center of the bow twisting it off at the back.
Patriotic Ice Cream Door Hanger
- Start by trimming the ends of your white floral stem and then fluff them out. Then put the stem ends together so they make a little swag.
- Next fluff out your red and blue floral sprays and place them on top of the white ones then weave them together. Now use a zip tie to secure the ends together.
- Now add the bow to the center of your swag.
- Next use zip ties to attach the swag to the side of the ice cream cone.
- Now trim the ribbon ends on your bow and fluff up your flowers.
- Finally, trim the greenery stem and use hot glue to add some small pieces into the swag.
Did y’all see how easy that patriotic door hanger was to put together?! I bet if I timed it I could do one in less than 10 minutes! Think of all the things you could do with the extra minutes this project didn’t take up. You could answer emails, have a coffee, or even take a nap. After staring at this giant cone though, I’m going to get an ice cream!
Just pin this patriotic ice cream door hanger tutorial below to find the instructions later!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.