Who doesn’t love pumpkin décor for Fall? Take a store bought one from drab to fab with this pumpkin stacker makeover tutorial!
However, with a few simple tricks and some creativity, you can easily elevate your pumpkin stacker to the next level.
In this blog, we’ll show you how to add florals and greenery to your pumpkin stacker to make it look like it belongs in a magazine.
Pumpkin Stacker Makeover Tips
Making a store-bought pumpkin stacker look like it belongs in a magazine couldn’t be easier! All you need are some florals, greenery and some creativity. Start by selecting a range of faux flowers in autumnal colors – think oranges, yellows and browns – that match your existing decorations.
Choose flowers with varying colors and sizes for a more striking display.
Next, use hot glue to attach the flowers and greenery to the pumpkin stacker wherever you want them placed.
You can also choose to add ribbon, buttons or other décor items as well.
For a spookier themed pumpkin stacker
Creating a custom look for your pumpkin stacker doesn’t have to stop with the florals. For added dimension, use paint pens or permanent markers to draw patterns on the stem and sides of the pumpkins.
Once you’re happy with your design, place the spooky-yet-festive pumpkin on display for everyone to admire!
Consider using stripes, polka dots, swirls or any combination of designs that match your seasonal theme. Adding a few spooky elements, such as spiders or bats, can also make your stacker come to life!
Finish off the design with a bow and looped ribbon hanger for display. With all these fun elements combined, you’ll have your very own custom-made pumpkin stacker that will be sure to delight your guests this Halloween season!
Pumpkin Stacker Tutorial
Want more of a step-by-step pumpkin stacker makeover tutorial? Check out the how to below.
- Pumpkin stacker
- Hot glue
- Floral stems
- Greenery stems
- Your choice of fall themed ribbon
- Pipe cleaners
Pumpkin Stacker Makeover
- 1 Stem cutter or wire cutter
- Pipe cleaners
- Fall floral stems various
- Fall greenery stems various
- Blue filler flower
- 1 2.5" faux burlap ribbon
- 1 1.5" plaid fall ribbon
- 1 1.5" pumpkin themed ribbon
- 1 1.5" orange rust ribbon
- Cut individual stems of the main greenery and insert into base.
- Add additional stems in between stack and into foam pumpkin.
- Make a multi-layer bow starting with 14" tails and 5.5" loops.
- Progressively shorten tails and loops with each layer added.
- Create a single loop for the center using the orange rust ribbon.
- Add floral bunches as needed.
- Fluff bow and reposition stems as needed.
- Dovetail ends of the ribbon tails.