Creating your own home décor with this easy peasy tobacco basket makeover. It’s a great way to give any room a unique, personalized touch.
By adding faux lemons and hydrangeas to your tobacco basket you can create an eye-catching piece that is sure to turn heads. Not only do these items bring the beauty of nature into your home, but they also add a splash of color and texture that can easily elevate any space.
With just a few simple supplies, you can quickly and easily transform a plain tobacco basket into something truly special.
Tobacco Basket Makeover
Meghan from Gal vs Glue Gun shares a quick an easy tutorial here on How To Make Wreaths. She will show you how to take your tobacco basket to the next level. Meghan is also an amazing creative coach at Makers University.
- Stem or wire cutter
- 1.5” Faux Burlap Ribbon
- Tobacco basket
- Lemon pick
- Hydrangea pick
- Zip ties
Simple Tobacco Basket Floral Design
- 1 scissors
- Wire or stem cutter
- Fluff out floral stems. Bend elements out leaving a little space at the main stem.
- Repeat with the lemon pick.
- Trim excess length from the main stem.
- Combine the 2 stems together and start incorporating the elements together.
- Secure together with a zip tie.
- Manipulate the greenery, florals, and other elements to your liking to add volume and texture.
- Attach to the tobacco basket using a zip tie.
Create a bow
- Using the 1.5" wired ribbon, create a 12" tail and pinch.
- Create 2 – 7" loops on each side making sure the loops are even.
- Add 1 center loop.
- Close it off with a pipe cleaner.
- Attach the bow on top of the floral picks, fishing the pipe cleaner around to the back of the tobacco basket.
- Fluff out your stems to incorporate everything together.
- Dovetail the ends of the tails.
- Give the tails a little curl.
FAQs for this floral design
You can find tobacco baskets in all shapes at Walmart, TJ Maxx, Ross, and Target!
By fluffing or bending stems to a more natural shape, you give your floral design more depth, texture, and extend the design space. You’ll find that you have to use less stems when you fluff them out.
They make great wall or front door décor. The simple, yet elegant design makes it very versatile as a décor piece.
On top of being great home décor, these could also make amazing Mother’s Day or housewarming gifts. Since, they are fairly inexpensive to make, you could easily stock your shop with these tobacco basket floral designs.