This patriotic deco mesh wreath is made with a grapevine base for a rustic look. Learn how to create this front door decor as you watch this video tutorial.
The supplies for this patriotic deco mesh wreath came form a recent kit we mailed out. If you didn’t grab the kit, you can still create this look, you’ll just need to order supplies individually.
How to Make a Patriotic Deco Mesh Grapevine Wreath
This wreath is a little bit unique in that it’s a grapevine base topped with mesh. You don’t see that combo often, but it’s fun to try something new, and I like how it looks. It’s always good to think outside the box, y’all! Plus, this wreath will take you less than an hour if you craft alongside the video tutorial with me.
DIY Patriotic Deco Mesh Grapevine Wreath
- Take grapevine base and wreath ties/pipe cleaner. Tie 4 pipe cleaners to the grapevine base on one side.
- Add a zip tie in between the top two pipe cleaners and the bottom two pipe cleaners.
- Cut (8) 24" deco mesh. Do the curl and ruffle method and add 2 deco mesh to each wreath tie. Start at top and work your way down.
- Get your EZ Bow Maker and ribbons.
- With the 4" ribbon, measure a 16" tail and 6.5" loop on each side. Cut tail.
- Next, take your 2.5" ribbon, measure a 16" tail and (2) 6" loops on each side. Cut tail.
- Then with the 1.5" ribbon, measure a 16" tail and 5.5" loop on each side. Cut tail.
- With the other 1.5" ribbon, measure a 16" tail and add a center loop.
- Take pipe cleaner and wrap around the center of the ribbon, twist, and tie nice and tight.
- Attach bow to bottom of wreath on top of the deco mesh. Fluff out bow and trim tails into dovetails.
- With the ribbon tail board, measure 3 ribbon tails of each of the 1.5" ribbons and 2.5" ribbon. Trim ends into dovetails.
- Layer the (1) 2.5" ribbon and (2) 1.5" ribbon and add the ribbon tails to each wreath tie.
- Trim the picks and sprays with pliers, add, and attach with hot glue gun to your wreath.
- Trim bay leaf sprays or greenery. Add them randomly throughout the wreath to add texture and color.
There you have it – now you know how to make a patriotic deco mesh wreath in a flash. Enjoy!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.