Today, we’re taking a bumblebee wreath form and making a cute bee wreath with sunflowers that are perfect for your front door all summer long.
Hey, y’all! I love a good bee wreath because they’re so cheery. If you like bee wreaths, you’re going to love today’s project!
This bee didn’t last long in the warehouse, but I’m sure you can find a very cute Wooden Bee Hanger from Hot Mesh Mom. If you really want the burlap version, you can find some burlap door hanger alternatives on Etsy.
This quick and fun bee wreath with sunflowers does NOT take long to make. You’ll see from the video that we put this together in less than 15 minutes! Designs like this are perfect for replenishing your stock in your shop.
Bee Wreath With Sunflowers
I think many people make the mistake of designing additions for wreath forms that take over the original door hanger or base piece. It’s easy to lose it in a sea of bow, picks, and sprays.
So, let’s keep it simple and fun friends! We want to add just enough so that it accents the bee, but it doesn’t hide it.
Watch The Bee Wreath Video Tutorial Below
- Burlap door hanger
- 2 curly picks
- Sunflower floral stem
- 2.5″ wired ribbon
- 1.5 wired ribbon
- Zip tie
- EZ Bow Maker
- Pipe cleaner
How To Make This Fun Bee Wreath with Sunflowers
Follow these simple directions and in about 15 minutes, you’ll have a completed wreath!
Prevent the ends of the curly pick from poking out by trimming them.
Layer the floral stem and curly picks into a beautiful bunch that will accent your door hanger base. Secure with a zip tie.
Grab your 2.5″ wired ribbon and use your EZ Bow Maker to make a 12″ tail. Add 6″ loops to each side.
With your 1.5″ wired ribbon, create another bow that’s slightly smaller. Using the 2.5″ wired ribbon, add just a tail.
Come back with the 1.5″ wired ribbon to make a center loop. Secure the bow with a pipe cleaner.
Add your bow to the center of your floral bunch. Use the pipe cleaner from your bow to attach both the floral bunch and bow to the burlap bee.
Fluff out your florals and bow and trim the ribbon tails at an angle.
Fun Bee Wreath with Sunflowers
- Trim the ends of the curly pick so they are not poking out.
- Layer the curly picks and floral stem to form a bunch that will accent the door hanger base.
- Secure together with a zip tie.
- Using your EZ Bow Maker, start off with a 12" tail using your 2.5" wired ribbon.
- Add 6" loops to each side.
- Using the 1.5" wired ribbon to create another bow slightly smaller than the one just made with the 2.5"wired ribbon.
- Using the 2.5" wired ribbon, add just a tail.
- Come back with the 1.5" wired ribbon to make a center loop.
- Tie off the bow with a pipe cleaner.
- Add your bow to the center of your floral bunch.
- Using the excess pipe cleaner from bow, attach the floral bunch and bows to the burlap bee.
- Fluff out your add on, and trim the ends of the ribbon tails at an angle.
Fun Bee Wreath For The Summer!
Do you see how the bow still allows the bee to shine? You can still clearly tell that we have a bee going on right here, y’all. To me, that is super important in your design.
If you love bee wreaths like I do, check out our other bee wreath designs:
Connect With Us
We’re curious to see what types of themes and designs you came up with. Come share them with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
Just pin this fun bee wreath tutorial below to find the instructions later!