Use this tutorial to learn how to make a cute pineapple door hanger that’s bursting with bright, fun spring colors. It’s just the thing to add that perfect spring or summer cheer to your front door.
Hey, y’all! We’ve been making wreath kits for a little while now, and I’m always amazed at how much demand there is for them. They often sell out within days of making them available – so if you want to get in on the fun, be sure to join our email list for announcements.
You can find them on DecoExchange when they’re available, but getting on the email list ensures you get a notification about new arrivals so you don’t miss out.
Although this particular pineapple door hanger design sold out very quickly, you can still gather the supplies and make it yourself with this tutorial! Or, you can take the general process outlined here and change the colors to create your own design. Isn’t playing around with possibilities fun?
Today, I’m showing you a fun, spring-filled DIY door hanger that radiates cheer and joy. It’s a snap to put together (in under 15 minutes) and will sell quickly if you add it to your online inventory!
How To Make A DIY Pineapple Door Hanger
These pineapple decor pieces can be hung all year round, but they’re definitely perfect for spring and summer. Here are the materials you’ll need and the instructions needed to make this quick and easy pineapple door hanger project.
This project was originally part of one of our wreath kits. If you can’t find the kit in stock, you can purchase the supplies separately on your own.
- 1 piece twig burlap pineapple
- 2 stems greenery stems
- 2 stems floral stems
- 1 zip tie
- 2 spools 2.5″ wired ribbon
- 2 spools 1.5 wired ribbon
- 1 bow maker EZ Bow Maker
- 1 pair scissors
- pipe cleaners
Use these step-by-step instructions to put this pineapple door hanger project together. This project comes together so quickly and easily because we don’t want to hide the fun pineapple base. Rather, we just want to give it a little accent piece to make it pop!
Take your greenery and floral stems and trim off the ends.
Bring the larger greenery stem (top) and smaller greenery stem (bottom) together to make a base for the overall design.
Insert one set of floral bush stems to the top and bottom of the base. Secure everything together with a zip tie.
Set your greenery to the side while we make our bow.
Using your EZ Bow Maker and your 2.5″ wired ribbon, start off with a 12″ tail. Create 6″ loops for each side. Take your 2nd 2.5″ wired ribbon and make a 12″ tail.
Add (2) 6″ loops to each side.
Take the 1.5″ wired ribbon and make another bow slightly smaller than the one you just made with the larger ribbon.
Use the 1.5″ wired ribbon to make a center loop.
Tie off the bow through the center with a pipe cleaner. Add your bow to the center of your floral bunch.
Using the excess pipe cleaner from the bow, attach the floral bunch and bows to the pineapple base.
Fluff out your bow and florals, and trim the ends of the ribbon tails at an angle.
Check out the video tutorial below to see me follow this process to create 2 different design ideas!
Here are a few answers to questions I frequently see readers ask to help you out even more!
Can I use pipe cleaners instead of zip ties?
Yes! If you don’t have both items on hand, pipe cleaners will work for all aspects of this design. Unfortunately, it won’t work in the reverse because the zip ties won’t be long enough to attach the greenery and bow to the pineapple backing.
Can I use different colors of ribbon?
Absolutely. I highly recommend taking the basic concepts used in this design and adapting the specifics to make the final product uniquely yours!
Make This Pineapple Door Hanger For Your Door Or To Sell!
This project is perfect for beginners to make whether you want to sell it or hang it up on your own door. It comes together in about 15 minutes and looks amazing because the fun pineapple base does the hard work.
Now that your pineapple door hanger is complete, you won’t want to miss some of our other fun spring and summertime designs. Try making our:
- DIY Bumble Bee Wreath
- Lemon Grapevine Wreath
- Patriotic Ice Cream Door Hanger
- DIY Summer Road Trip Inspired Wreath
- DIY Patriotic Deco Mesh Wreath
- How to Make a Patriotic Red Bike Wheel
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
If you’re interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths or being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.
Cute DIY Pineapple Door Hanger
- Trim the ends of the greenery and floral stems.
- Take the larger greenery stem (right-side up) and smaller greenery stem (upside-down) and create a base for the overall attachement.
- Add one set of floral bush stem to the top and bottom of the base.
- Secure together with a zip tie.
- Set aside, while we move on to our bow.
- Using your EZ Bow Maker, start off with a 12" tail using your 2.5" wired ribbon.
- Add 6" loops to each side.
- Start off with a 12" tail using your 2nd 2.5" wired ribbon.
- Add 6" loops to each side, 2 times.
- Using the 1.5" wired ribbon to create another bow slightly smaller than the one just made with the 2.5"wired ribbon.
- Come back with the 1.5" wired ribbon to make a center loop.
- Tie off the bow with a pipe cleaner.
- Add your bow to the center of your floral bunch.
- Using the excess pipe cleaner from bow, attach the floral bunch and bows to the pineapple base.
- Fluff out your add on, and trim the ends of the ribbon tails at an angle.
Just pin this pineapple door hanger tutorial below to find the instructions later!