This lime wreath is the latest grapevine wreath tutorial in our Simple Series. The goal of the series is to help new wreath makers grow more confident in their craft.
As the seasons change, so too does our desire to refresh and revitalize our surroundings. One easy yet impactful way to achieve this is by adorning your front door with a charming faux citrus wreath.
Not only does this vibrant decoration bring a pop of color to your home’s exterior, it also exudes a sense of warmth and welcome to all who visit. And the best part? It’s incredibly easy to create!
With just a few materials and steps, you can turn a plain grapevine wreath into something amazing and add a touch of zestful charm to your doorstep. So let’s dive into the process of creating this simple faux lime wreath that will make your front door the talk of the neighborhood!
How to Make a Faux Lime Wreath
DIY Lime Wreath
Prep your base
- Start with a 14” round grapevine wreath base (DecoExchange).
Make your mini swag
- Prepare 1 lime spray (62937SP16, DecoExchange) and fluff it out.
- Add a white filler flower (60919, DecoExchange) and layer it over the lime spray using a zip tie.
- Trim the stems.
- Fluff out the bundle.
- Repeat above instructions 1-4 one more time.
- Make a mini swag by joining the 2 bundles together using zip ties.
Make and add your bow
- Take a 1.5” lime ribbon (Sam’s Club) and make a bow with 6 loops.
- Secure the bow with a green pipe cleaner.
- Dovetail the ends.
- Use your bow’s pipe cleaner to add the bow and mini swag to the grapevine wreath.
- Fluff out your bow.
Add in your final pieces
- Take 2 x white filler flowers (60919, DecoExchange) and add them to the ends of the mini swag using glue.
Want more simple tutorials?
We think you’ll love these:
- Simple DIY Succulent Grapevine Wreath
- Simple Patriotic Wreath for Front Door
- How to Make a Simple Tulip Wreath in Under 20 Minutes
- DIY Blue Sunflower Wreath for Front Door Beauty