Hey y’all, we have a quick little project for you. This easy birch wreath will take less than 10 minutes to make!
You can take a simple birch wreath base and turn it into a beautiful farmhouse or rustic style home decor piece.
Easy Birch Wreath
The thing with birch wreath bases is they are often secured together with nails, so do a quick look over to see where any nails might be sticking up. That’s the area you’re going to want to design over to cover up the eyesore.
Watch the Video Tutorial Below
Easy Birch Wreath with Video Tutorial
- Break up your greenery stem into smaller pieces, just using the offshoots to create individual stems.
- Snip the longer stems off just enough so you still have enough to stick into the birch wreath base.
- Add (1) stem right side up.
- Add (1) stem upside down.
- Then add (1) stem at an angle in between the two, with the greenery facing away from the wreath base.
- Spread out the stem to create a full backdrop for your bow.
- Glue down the stems and set aside while you make your bow.
- Using your EZ Bowmaker, start with a longer 9" tail.
- Create (3) 5.5" loops using 1.5" ribbon and secure to wreath with pipe cleaner.
- Fluff out your bow.
- Next, pull some the stems from the background and incorporate them into the bow.
- Curl the ends of each tail and cut the ends at an angle for a finished look.
Extra Design Ideas
We made some succulent wreaths using the 31″ birch wreath bases and they were a hit. So we decided we needed to see what we could do with these smaller forms. Get creative with your designs! They could make for all year round decor or seasonal. Either way just have fun!
- attach small sign
- attach a faux bird or nest
- burlap ribbon for a natural look
- succulents or air plants
Connect with the Community
We’d love to see your final pieces so please share your photos over at How to Make Wreaths Facebook group. And show us some love in the comments below.
If you are interested in more info on the private community mentioned in the video head over to Creative Coaching Subscription Group.