Check out this ‘Welcome To Our Honeycomb’ floral grapevine wreath. It’s just the latest design from our wreath kits! This happy yellow and black wreath will brighten any porch this season; plus, it’s really quick and easy to make.
Hey, y’all! Today, I’m showing you how to make our latest wreath kit, which happens to be another bee design! Bee wreaths are popular items for us, so this one is a grapevine honey bees wreath.
To get this wreath bundle or any of our other wreath kits, you can find them on DecoExchange. And, if you love bee wreaths, check out our DIY Bumble Bee Wreath, Fun Bee Wreath with Sunflowers, and DIY Beehive Door Hanger.
Supplies Needed For This Floral Grapevine Wreath
Here’s what you’ll need to make this fun and whimsical ‘Welcome To Our Honeycomb’ grapevine honey bees wreath:
- 16” oval grapevine
- 2 sets of greenery
- 1 sets of florals
- 2 Bee picks
- Pipe cleaners
- Sign mounting squares
- 4” ribbon
- 2.5” ribbon
- 1.5” ribbon
- Welcome To Our Honeycomb sign
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- EZ Bow Maker
How To Make This Honey Bees Floral Grapevine Wreath
Follow this wreath tutorial to put your cute ‘Welcome To Our Honeycomb’ grapevine wreath together so you can hang it on your door!
Grab your sign and prepare it to add to the wreath. Add a dab of superglue to all 4 corners of the back of the sign. Top each dab of glue with a mounting square. Then, take your hot glue gun and glue around the edges of each mounting square to secure it.
Once the glue is dry, add a pipe cleaner to each mounting square.
Take your greenery bunches and cut the smaller stems off the main stem. Repeat the same process with your floral pick!
Prepare your grapevine base by inspecting it to see if there are any leaves or stems that jut out too far. If there are, just cut them off.
Take your EZ Bow Maker and start making your bow. Grab your (4”) ribbon and make (2) 7” loops with 12” tails in an “X” shape.
Grab your 2.5” ribbon and make 12” tails with (2) loops that are 6.5”.
Take your 1.5” ribbon and make 12” tails with (2) 6” loops.
Grab a pipe cleaner and wrap it around the middle of your bow. Twist the pipe cleaner to secure the bow. Use the same pipe cleaner to attach the bow towards the bottom outside of the wreath form.
TIP: If you have trouble pushing the pipe cleaner through your grapevine, try this trick! Take your needle nose pliers and push them through the wreath. Use them to grab the pipe cleaner on the other side and pull back through so that the pipe cleaner comes out on the back.
To make sure that your sign is incorporated well into the wreath design, go ahead and attach the wreath sign to the grapevine. Use the pipe cleaners that you attached to the mounting squares on the back.
It’s time to add greenery! Before adding your greenery sprigs, I want you to move each piece of greenery around to loosen it up so it doesn’t look too straight and “perfect”.
Begin adding your greenery, pushing each stem individually into the grapevine from each side of the bow. Add a dab of hot glue to each stem before you stick it in the grapevine so that it dries and stays in place.
Repeat the same process as you add the florals to your wreath. This will add a little fun texture and lighten up the darker greenery.
Insert a couple of small sprigs into your bow to make the bow an even more integrated part of your wreath design. Trim your ribbon tails in a dovetail shape.
Trim down the stems of the bee picks. Then, insert one pick into each side of your ribbon. Adjust the bees into the greenery to make them look like a very integrated piece of the design.
You’ll Love This Honeycomb Floral Grapevine Wreath
I absolutely love how this wreath turned out! Isn’t it cute with all those bees buzzing around and some greenery sprigs insert into the bow? To find this kit or any others that we have in stock, visit DecoExchange.
If you love summer wreath designs (and who doesn’t?), make sure to check out some of our other grapevine wreath designs:
- DIY Summer Watermelon Bike Wheel Wreath
- DIY Summer Road Trip Inspired Wreath
- Ladybug Wreath Tutorial: Patriotic Grapevine Wreath With Ladybug Decor
- DIY Lemon Themed Home Wreath
- DIY Summer Wreath: Grillin’ and Chillin’
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
If you’re interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths or being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.
Welcome To Our Honeycomb Floral Grapevine Wreath
- grapevine wreath 16-inch base
- 2 greenery sprays
- floral stems
- 2 bee picks
- pipe cleaners
- 1″ mounting squares
- 4" wired ribbon
- 2.5" wired ribbon
- 1.5" wired ribbon
- sign/attachment "Welcome To Our Honeycomb"
- hot glue gun
- hot glue
- EZ Bow Maker
- Prepare your sign to add to the wreath. Add a dab of superglue to all 4 corners of the back of the sign then top each dab with a mounting square. Add a little hot glue around the edges to secure them.Once the glue is dry, add a pipe cleaner to each mounting square.
- Cut the stems off your greenery and floral picks.
- Inspecting your grapevine base to see if there are any leaves or stems that stick out too far. Cut off any you find.
- Grab your EZ Bow Maker and (4”) ribbon to start making your bow. Start by making (2) 7” loops with 12” tails in an “X” shape.
- Grab your 2.5” ribbon and make 12” tails with two slightly smaller loops.
- Take your 1.5” ribbon and make 12” tails with (2) 6” loops.Grab a pipe cleaner and wrap it around the middle of your bow. Twist the pipe cleaner to secure the bow. Use the same pipe cleaner to attach the bow towards the bottom outside of the wreath form.
- Attach your sign to the wreath base using the pipe cleaners you added to the back.
- Loosen up your greenery and begin adding it by adding a bit of hot glue to each stem individually and pushing it into the grapevine from each side of the bow.
- Lighten up your greenery and add some whimsy by repeating the same process as you add the florals to your wreath.
- Insert a couple of small sprigs directly into your bow for a fun touch. Trim your ribbon tails in a dovetail shape.
- Trim the stems of the bee picks. Insert one pick into the wreath on each side of your bow. Adjust the bees into the greenery to make them look like they're buzzing around the design.
Just pin this honeycomb floral grapevine wreath tutorial to save these instructions for later!
If you love to craft, check out our Eat. Sleep. Craft. Repeat. t-shirts and click on the picture below!