Hey, y’all! So tonight I want to share a quick tutorial on how to make your own wreath frame or work wreath. When I first started, I made my own wreath frames, which saved a little bit of money compared to buying pre-made frames.
How to Make Your Own Wreath Frame
All wreath forms measure 5-inches from wire to wire, no matter what size the frame itself is. Here’s what you’ll need to create your own work wreath.
We’ve all seen our share of YouTube tutorials on DIY wreath frames, but honestly they are confusing as all get out. So, we wanted to share the easiest way to do it. Watch the full video tutorial below.
- A pipe cleaner is 12 inches. The measurement between a raised frame from the middle ring to the top ring or the middle ring to the bottom ring is one inch.
- So, if you wrap your pipe cleaner anywhere you want, start around the middle ring and the top ring, twist it off, you now have five inches right here because we took one inch off twice going around here.
- Use the length of the excess pipe cleaner, which should be 5-inches, to measure where the next pipe cleaner should go.
- When you get to the last pipe cleaner it should all measure out equally 5-inches apart.
- Repeat the process on the bottom ring. This time I’ll wrap it around the middle and bottom rings.
Once again, middle ring, top ring, fold it over. Where it touches the metal, that’s where your next twist tie goes. Then middle ring, bottom ring, fold it over, and add the next one.
How to Secure Pipe Cleaners to the Wreath Form?
All right, there is our frame. To secure all the twists ties in place, always go back to every one of these and I put a dab of hot glue on the top of the twist tie touching each side of the wire and right over the top of it. And on the bottom the same thing. You want to make sure that your hot glue touches the wire on the other side, touches this nail stem, and touches the other side. This is what keeps it secure in place.
Do You Always Make Your Own Wreath Frames?
This works on every single wreath frame. Now, I personally don’t make my own wreath frames anymore. It’s quicker just to purchase them already made. But, if you’re making wreaths for your own front door, this is a quick, easy way to make sure that your wreath frame matches whatever wreath that you want to make, and it can be a lot more economical. When working on wreaths to sell, make it easy on yourself and use pre-made working frames.
You can find all of these supplies at DecoExchange. If you are interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths, where to buy supplies, and being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.