It’s Coach Mellie Mel from Sincerely Creative Mom, and today we’re continuing our Simple Series with an easy, quick, and beautiful summer lemon wreath that you can make in just 20 minutes or less. Creating lovely decor for your home or business doesn’t have to be complicated – this project uses just a few supplies, all of which can be found at DecoExchange.
Quick and Simple DIY Summer Lemon Wreath
Summer is the perfect time to refresh and beautify our homes with some simple yet gorgeous décor. The perfect addition to summer décor is lemons. These bright yellow fruits are a symbol of joy and happiness, making them ideal for any summer day. With their vibrant color, lemons add a pop of color and freshness to any room. From kitchen accents to living room centerpieces, lemons are the ultimate summer accessory for your handmade designs.
- 14-inch grapevine wreath frame
- Two yellow/green 60919 sprays (a combination of greenery and floral)
- Two yellow and green lemon sprays
- Lemon ribbon
- Yellow ribbon with lace
- Thin lemon ribbon
- Zip ties
- Stem cutter (optional but helpful)
DIY Summer Lemon Wreath Instructions
Summer Lemon Wreath
- Stem cutter (optional but helpful)
- Hot glue gun or pot
- 1 14" grapevine wreath frame
- 2 Yellow/green 60919 sprays a combination of greenery and floral
- 2 Yellow and green lemon sprays
- 1 roll 2.5" Lemon ribbon
- 1 roll 2.5" Yellow ribbon with lace
- 1 roll Thin lemon ribbon
- Prepare the sprays: First, take off any tags and extra pieces. Then, fluff out each spray, touching every single piece to spread them as big, wide, and lush as possible. This will give your wreath a fuller look and allow for better coverage on the grapevine.
- Assemble the sprays: Place one 60919 spray on top of a lemon spray, making sure the larger leaves are at the back and the lemons are at the front. Secure the two sprays together with a couple of zip ties to keep them in place.
- Repeat step 2 for the second set of 60919 and lemon sprays.
- Attach the sprays to the grapevine wreath frame, making sure to leave a gap in the middle where the bow will go. Use zip ties to secure the sprays in place.
- Create the bow: Using the lemon ribbon, yellow lace ribbon, and thin lemon ribbon, make a simple bow. Be sure to twist the ribbon to keep the right side facing out as you create loops. For added convenience, you can use an EZ Bow Maker to hold your ribbon as you work.
- Attach the bow to the wreath, ensuring that it doesn’t cover the lemons in the center.
- Fluff and adjust the ribbons, greenery, and lemons to your desired look.
What are 60919 floral sprays?
Floral and berry sprays that come in an assortment of colors like:
- hot pink
Do you have other lemon design tutorials?
YES! Here’s a quick list of all the lemon designs on How to Make Wreaths.
- DIY Door Wreaths With Lemons
- Spring Grapevine Lemon Wreaths With Florals
- Grapevine Wreath With Lemons And Hello Sign
- Spring Lemon Door Hanger
- DIY Bless Your Heart Lemon Wreath
- Lemon grapevine wreath with blue and white florals
- How to Make a Lemon Wreath
Where can I find the EZ Bow Maker?
Visit DecoExchange! Here’s the direct link to the EZ Bow Maker.
And that’s it – your summer lemon wreath is complete! This stunning wreath is perfect for brightening up your front door, or as an eye catching piece to hang above your mantle. You could even adjust the tutorial a bit to make a swag using the same materials for a coordinated décor.
This summer lemon wreath is a quick, easy, and beautiful addition to your seasonal decorations. With just a few supplies and simple steps, you can create a stunning piece that will brighten up any space. Remember, check out the supply options at DecoExchange and explore Makers University’s Creative Coaching for more tips and ideas. Happy crafting!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
Just pin this quick and easy summer lemon wreath tutorial to save the instructions for later!