Using lemons in wreath and home decor is really popular right now y’all. In this video, I show you how to make a beautiful lemon wreath using a grapevine wreath base and a funky bow!
Not every wreath we make fits in areas of the home other than the front door. But, there is something about lemon wreaths that just works indoors too. I show you step-by-step how to make this bright lemon wreath and you can decide the best place to display it!
How to Make a Lemon Wreath
Lemon decor is so bright and cheerful! It’s easy to see why so many people are embracing it for summer (and year round) decor. You can use the yellow citrus is several ways which makes it even more fun to work with. I go for the natural look with this wreath but you can also do a deco mesh creation or even some lantern swag. However you decide to use it, lemons are sure to offer some sunshine on dreary days!
I start this project by making a simple funky bow. Here’s what I love about the funky bow, y’all… It’s simple and it uses way less ribbon than my signature bows. By not making a bow with long ribbon streamers, you have enough ribbon on your roll to make two identical wreaths. When you can make identical wreaths you have the perfect product for people who have double front doors. This is an important thing to keep in mind when designing your wreaths: will you be able to use them for single or double doors. If you want to learn more, I have a whole post about creating multiples of your wreath designs.
Using greenery in your wreaths always adds something special. Greenery lends a natural and elegant feel to your creations. It is also a great way to make your wreath look more full. When using a natural item (such as these lemon stems) sometimes that focal point needs a something more. The box wood that I use in this wreath fills in the gaps. It also adds dimension, color variety, and texture. Deciding how to add greenery can be challenging depending on the look you are trying to achieve. Check out my post on how to attach greenery to your wreaths for everything you need to know!
Funky Bow using the EZ Bow Maker
- Get your EZ Bow Maker and ribbons.
- Take your 2.5" ribbon, measure 12" tail and a 6" loop on one side.
- Using the same ribbon, continue measuring out an 8" tail and a loop slightly smaller with each layer. Alternate the loop on each side. There are 4 layers.
- Then get your pipe cleaner and wrap around the center of your bow. Twist nice and tight.
How to Make a Lemon Wreath
- Attach funky bow to the grapevine using pipe cleaner.
- Fluff lemon stems and trim them with your wire cutters.
- Give the lemon stems a curve so they will stand out a bit when you attach them.
- Weave one lemon stem into the grapevine next to your bow. Secure with glue gun.
- Repeat with the other lemon stem on the opposite side of your bow.
- Use your greenery to fill in between the lemons and secure with glue gun.
This lemon wreath is sure to be a hit whether you keep it for yourself, gift it, or offer it for sale. If you sell your creations, lemon wreaths serve double duty because you can add them to your summer line up AND your year round products. Bright and sunny decor is always a win so grab your lemon stems and your glue gun and get crafting!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
We Think You’ll Enjoy These Related Posts: