This yellow bike wheel flamingo wreath design is the perfect pop of cheer that you need for your front door this season! This 20-minute simple project is unique and fun—it’s practically guaranteed to make you smile.
Hey, y’all. I get asked all the time about ways to make wreath-making easy. The answer is simple: you’ve just got to practice! I’ve been making wreaths for years and I still practice and learn new techniques all the time.
That being said, every once in a while, you want an instant gratification project. This yellow bike wheel flamingo wreath is as close as you can get to instant gratification! It takes minimal supplies and only about 20 minutes of your time.
DIY Yellow Bike Wheel Wreath
You can grab a bike wheel from Amazon new, or you can even find one at a thrift store or garage sale. When you see ’em, stock up, y’all! All you need to do is wipe them down and give them a coat or two of spray paint. They’ll look good as new!
Flamingo Wreath Video Tutorial
This is one of our quickest projects yet. In fact, it only takes 20 minutes for you to create alongside me as you watch the video. I had one vision in mind (I was going to add some fun flowers), but when I started making it, I decided I wanted to keep it a teeny bit more simple. I’m so happy with how it turned out.
Here are the supplies you’ll need for this project.
- Bike wheel
- Picks and sprays
- Zip ties
- (3) 1.5” ribbons
- (3) 2.5” ribbon
- Pipe cleaners
- Stem cutter
- EZ Bow Maker
How To Make A Flamingo Wreath
In case you missed any of the steps in the video, here they are. Simply follow them and you’ll have your own flamingo wreath in just minutes!
Trim and secure your attachments, picks, and sprays to one of the spokes of the bike wheel using zip ties. Trim excess zip ties.
Fluff out and lift the pieces away from the bike wheel so they aren’t flat against the frame. This will give the design depth.
Cut a piece of mesh to roll it into a ruffle to make the base of your bow.
Using the EZ Bow Maker and the first 2.5″ ribbon, measure a 12″ tail (2) 6″ loops, and a 7″ tail.
With the second 2.5″ ribbon, measure a 7″ tail on the left side, (2) 6″ loops, and a long tail for the right side.
Using the third 2.5″ ribbon, measure a long tail for the right, (2) 5.5″ loops, and a 7″ tail on the left.
With the first 1.5″ ribbon, measure a 7″ tail on the right, (2) 5.5″ loops, and a long tail for the left.
Take the second 1.5″ ribbon and measure a long tail on the right, (2) 5″ loops, and a 7″ tail on the left.
With the third 1.5″ ribbon, make a center loop and two tails.
Carefully remove the bow from the EZ Bow Maker and wrap a pipe cleaner around the center. Give it a tight twist. Fluff the bow and arrange it the way you want it.
Attach the bow to the bike wheel with the same pipe cleaner.
Arrange the bow after it’s attached and dovetail the tail ends. Adjust your picks and sprays so it gives the wreath some depth.
CHECK OUT MORE OF OUR GRAPEVINE WREATHS
Make This Flamingo Wreath For Your Door
Isn’t this yellow bike wheel wreath so cute, y’all? It just makes me happy! Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
If you love this wreath design, you won’t want to miss our DIY Spring-Themed Bike Wheel Wreath or Patriotic Red Bike Wheel!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
If you’re interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths or being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.
DIY Yellow Bike Wheel Wreath
- 16" Bike wheel yellow
- picks and sprays
- Zip ties
- 3 1.5 wired ribbon
- 3 2.5 wired ribbon
- pipe cleaners
- stem cutter
- Trim and secure your attachments, picks, and sprays to one of the spokes of the bike wheel using zip ties. Trim excess zip ties.
- Fluff out and raise the pieces away from the bike wheel so it's not flat.
- Cut a piece of deco mesh to make a ruffle for the base of your bow.
- Grab your EZ Bow Maker. With the 2.5" ribbon, measure a 12" tail on the bottom right, make a 6" loop on each side and make a 7" tail on the top left.
- With another 2.5" ribbon, measure 7" tail on the top right, make a 6" loop on each side and a long tail on the bottom left.
- With another 2.5" ribbon, measure a long tail on the bottom right, make a 5.5" loop on each side and make a 7" tail on the top left.
- With a 1.5" ribbon, measure 7" tail on the top right, make a 5.5" loop on each side and a long tail on the bottom left.
- With another 1.5" ribbon, measure a long tail on the bottom right, make a 5" loop on each side and make a 7" tail on the top left.
- With the last 1.5" ribbon, make a center loop.
- Take a pipe cleaner and wrap around the center and tie nice and tight. Fluff out and arrange the bow how you like it.
- Add the bow to the bike wheel.
- Fluff out bow once attached and trim ends of the bow into dovetails. Adjust your picks and sprays so it gives the wreath some depth.