When you need a new springtime wreath, you can’t go wrong with this cheery bike wheel wreath!
Hey, y’all! The colors in this spring-themed bike wheel wreath are so bright and beautiful- perfect for spring! The yellows, blues, pinks, and greens just pop against that white door.
This is such a fun project with a repurposed bike wheel. You could find one premade, but if you want to make it a complete DIY project grab an old 16″ bike wheel and spray paint that bad boy.
Tip: You could customize it with any color, for any season.
Although this design doesn’t have any sign attachments it doesn’t mean you can’t get crazy with it y’all. Have fun with it!
Supplies Needed for this DIY Bike Wheel Wreath
Here’s a list of everything you need to make this fun seasonal wreath. I’ve included some links to help you easily find the items you need.
- 16″ Bike wheel
- Your choice of themed attachments
- Your choice of themed picks and sprays
- Zip ties
- Deco mesh
- Ribbons – 1 ½” and 2″
How To Make A Bicycle Wheel Wreath
Follow these step-by-step instructions, and in practically no time you’ll have your own finished wreath to display proudly (or sell!).
Watch The Video Tutorial
I made a short video you can find at the end of this post, so you can see the process from start to finish and follow along.
Just in case you would prefer to follow written directions rather than a video, here you go! You can print a printer-friendly copy at the end of this post, if you want.
As you can tell from the number of steps involved, this wreath is a breeze to make, so you can make several for friends and family or use to boost your inventory.
Secure your attachments, picks, and sprays to one of the spokes of the bike wheel using zip ties.
Cut a piece of deco mesh to make a ruffle for the base of your bow.
Get creative with your ribbon patterns and colors to make your bow.
Take your green 2″ ribbon and make a bow with a loop and tails. Layer on top another 2″ ribbon with a loop and tails.
On top of that, add a 1.5″ ribbon for a loop and tails. The last layer of your bow will be another 1.5″ ribbon with a loop and tails.
Use a pipe cleaner to secure your bow and to attach both ruffle and bow to the bike wheel.
Fluff out bow once attached. Dovetail your tails, if you want to.
Adjust your picks and sprays so it gives the wreath some depth.
Hang Your Bike Wheel Wreath With This Wreath Hanger
The funny thing is everyone seemed to love the wreath hanger in the pic, so I’ll just share it right here – This isn’t the exact same one but it looks almost the same:
Isn’t this wreath great? If you love spring decor, check out these Quick and Easy Spring Door Hangers!
Check Out Our Other Easter And Bicycle Wheel Designs:
- How To Make A DIY Easter Wreath With a Chick
- How To Make An Easter Bunny Wreath
- DIY Flamingo Yellow Bike Wheel Wreath
- How to Make a Flower Wreath using the UITC Board
- How to Make a Patriotic Red Bike Wheel
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
Finally, if you’re interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths, where to buy supplies, and being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.
What else can you re-purpose into a wreath? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Simple Spring Bike Wheel Wreath
- 16" Bike wheel yellow
- picks and sprays
- zip ties
- 3 1.5 wired ribbon any colors of your choice
- 3 2.5 wired ribbon any colors of your choice
- pipe cleaners
- stem cutter
- Trim and secure your attachments, picks, and sprays to one of the spokes of the bike wheel using zip ties. Trim excess zip ties.
- Cut a piece of deco mesh to make a ruffle for the base of your bow.
- Make your bow. You can use an EZ Bow Maker, but this bow is easy enough to make by hand if you want to. With the 2.5" ribbon, measure a 6" loop on each side and make an 8" tail on each side.
- With another 2.5" ribbon, make a 6" loop on each side and 8" tails.
- With a 1.5" ribbon, make a 5.5" loop on each side and make 8" tails.
- With a 1.5" ribbon, measure a 5.5" loop on each side and 8" tails.
- Take a pipe cleaner and wrap around the center of the bow and the deco mesh ruffle and tie nice and tight. Use that same pipe cleaner to secure the entire bow ensemble to the bike wheel.
- Fluff out and arrange the bow how you like it and trim the ends of the bow into dovetails.
- Adjust your picks and sprays so it gives the wreath some depth.
Just pin this spring themed bike wheel wreath tutorial below to find the instructions later!
not finding the spray with umbrellas or flip flops on your site
It could be sold out already. We have other spring items on decoexchange.com that you could always use in your creations.