It may still be cold where y’all are, but it is time to get started on your spring products. Today, I’m showing you how to make an adorable Happy Easter wreath with bright deco mesh and ribbons that are perfect for spring!
After a long season of making fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas wreaths I love being able to dive into the spring creations. Today’s project is a sweet Happy Easter wreath that is as fun as it is cute! The supplies that I use are from a kit that we no longer have for sale but that doesn’t mean you can’t make this wreath y’all. You can still find what you need at decoexchange.com and you can still use this method to make a fabulous Easter wreath!
Happy Easter Wreath
Once the Christmas decorations come down people start looking forward to the spring designs. As makers we need to make sure we are always at least one season ahead. That way, when our customers start shopping we already have the products that they are looking for! That means it’s time to get busy with our Easter and spring creations. This Happy Easter wreath is the perfect addition to your business page or front door!
For this fabulous wreath I make some fabulous bows. I make one big ole Easter bow that uses 9 different ribbons and then a couple of smaller ones that use different combinations of those 9 ribbons. Big bows are my favorite but if you prefer smaller ones you could always opt to use fewer ribbons. I use the EZ Bow Maker for this project because it helps simplify even the biggest bows. If you want to learn how to make different bows with the EZ Bow Maker we have a post for that too!
When you watch the video tutorial you will see that it takes me quite awhile to make this wreath. I don’t want that to intimidate y’all though! Remember that I’m chatting with y’all the whole time I’m making this wreath. Sometimes I stop to answer questions or give you info on other things. If you were making this wreath in your own craft room without an audience you could make it in half the time. Believe me, this is one of my favorite designs and I can knock it out pretty easily now. You can too!
- Start with a 2.5" ribbon and make a 12" tail. Place the tail into the EZ Bow Maker and then make 2 7" loops. Then trim the ribbon from the spool. Repeat the same process with the next 2.5" ribbon but make 4 loops this time.
- Next take another 2.5" ribbon and measure another 12" tail and make 2 loops that are slightly smaller than your last ones. Repeat the same process with the next 2.5" ribbon but make 4 loops this time.
- Make a tail and 2 loops with the next 2.5" ribbon and then switch to the 1.5" ribbon and make a tail and 4 loops. With the next 1.5" ribbon make a tail and 2 loops. With the final 1.5" ribbon make 2 tails and 1 loop.
- With your first 1.5" ribbon make a tail and 4 loops. Then make a tail and 2 loops with the last 1.5" ribbon.
- Take two pipe cleaners and twist the ends together to make one long pipe cleaner. Remove your bow from the bow maker and use the long pipe cleaner to secure the center of the bow twisting it off at the back.
DIY Happy Easter Wreath
- 2 21" deco mesh pink and lime green
- wreath form
- 4 1″ mounting square
- super glue
- pipe cleaners
- 3 Easter bows
- 2.5" wired ribbon
- 1.5" wired ribbon
- Start with the pink mesh and the top rung of the wreath form. Make 10" poofs around the whole top of the frame and then repeat around the bottom.
- Next take the lime green mesh and cut 18 12" strips. Roll up one strip and then fold it in half and add it to a twist tie. Repeat with the remaining strips at each remaining twist tie.
- Use super glue to attach one mounting square to each corner of the wreath sign. Attach one pipe cleaner to each mounting square. Now use the pipe cleaners to attach the sign through the mesh and to the wreath frame on the right of your wreath.
- Use the pipe cleaners to attach your largest Easter bow on the bottom left side of the wreath from your sign.
- Attach one of your smaller bows to the top of the wreath and your other smaller bow between your first two bows.
- Once all your bows are attached, trim your ribbon tails at differing lengths.
- Next make your ribbon tails. Cut 24 14" strips of a 2.5" and 1.5" ribbon. Take one of each type of ribbon tail and place one on top of the other. Fold the tails in half and pinch the center together. Attach the center pinch to a twist tie on the wreath frame. Now add another set of tails to the same twist tie. Repeat with the remaining ribbon tails and twist ties.
- If your ribbon colors need to be balanced add a 20" looped tail of the missing color to the existing tails in each twist tie.
And that’s how you make a big and beautiful Happy Easter wreath y’all! Grab some bright mesh, some fabulous ribbons, and get started! Any Easter sign will work for this wreath so if you want to use a different one go for it! If you need help figuring out how to attach your wreath signs we have a whole post dedicated to that. I hope you love making this wreath as much as I did. Happy crafting friends!
Just pin this Happy Easter wreath tutorial below to find the instructions later!
CHECK OUT MORE GRAPEVINE WREATHS
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
Ty! easy instructions! Beautiful wreath!