Y’all already know that Halloween is one of my favorite seasons to decorate, so you should have expected to see some here in our blog! Know what else I love? Halloween wreaths that take less than 30 minutes to complete! You can make this DIY Halloween door hanger to sell, for a gift to friends or neighbors, or just keep it for yourself. These witch boots are just fun and festive, and everyone is sure to love them.
How To Make A Halloween Door Hanger
This do-it-yourself Halloween Witch door hanger is actually pretty easy to make and takes just a few supplies. I will lay out all the steps for you below this video, so you can quickly and easily replicate it.
DIY Witch Boot Door Hanger Supply & Tool List:
- Boots Door Hanger – You can buy these painted or you can buy one unpainted by shopping at (Crafty Tessie on Etsy) and add your own twist to it.
- 1 roll of 10″ deco mesh that can be found on DecoExchange.com
- You’ll need 15 Pipe Cleaners or Tinsel Ties they can also be found here.
- A cutting mat which can be found on DecoExchange.com
- A rotary cutter which can be found on Amazon.
- For my bows I used the following ribbons from decoexchange.com
- 1ea 4″ Halloween ribbon
- 1ea 2.5″ Halloween ribbon
- 4 ea 1.5″ Halloween ribbons
- For the Bow Making Tool I used my EZ Bow Maker (If you need more help on making bows, check our EZ Bow Tutorials here)
- A glue gun and hot glue.
- Scissors – My favorite brand are Fiskars Amplify Razors Edge
Make Your Own Halloween Door Hanger Instructions:
- Start adding 9 pipe cleaners to the top of the door hanger. 5 should go across the top and 4 across the bottom.
- Hot Glue the pipe cleaners in place.
- Take your 10″ mesh and cut 9 strips (using your rotary cutter), 30 inches long.
- Take one of the 30″ strips, roll the ends of each inside once or twice and then ruffle the mesh.
- Add one of the 30″ ruffles into each pipe cleaner on the frame.
- Now create one normal wreath bow for the top center of your door hanger and attach.
- Now create two terri-bows for each side of your door hanger and attach.
- Once your bows are attached its time to fluff out of the bows to make sure you have the best coverage.
- Trim and dovetail your ribbon tails on each bow.
- Hang the door hanger on your front door and enjoy or list it for sale!. (Before you list it for sale make sure you’ve gone over our free tips on increasing your picture quality!)
That’s it Y’all! You can make this incredible DIY Witch Boot Door Hanger in less than 15 minutes or if you’re not the crafty type you can buy this one here & if it’s sold out there are a few options on Etsy just click here!
Share your Halloween themed wreaths with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group. We’d love to see all your creations! If you are interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths, where to buy supplies, and being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.
Looks so easy to make. I’m going to try making one.
Loved watching you make this beautiful piece.
Love the step by step details. When you say normal wreath bow in step 6 did you do the EZ Bow from your link? Stunning work as usual.
yep – check out https://howtomakewreaths.com/three-quick-tutorials-for-the-ez-bow-maker/ for more info on the bows!
hanks – feel free to share!
Love this one !
Love this. I am going to make one.
let us know how it turns out!
Love Love love‼️‼️‼️‼️
Where can i fimd the tips on increasing imagine quality?
I learn a new tip or trick with each Facebook live I watch. The wreaths I make are for family a close friends. My kids know I AM a ribbon hoarder for sure, my craft supplies have taken over a guest room!
Love this door hanger and I don’t decorate for Halloween! Easy and cute addition to any decor
I want to do one of those
Love seeing your work and stuff y’all do amazing things