Welcome to the world of making beautiful and creative wreaths! Learn how to make a stunning wreath with oranges and flowers that will be sure to add some extra pizzazz to your front door for summer!
In this step-by-step tutorial, I’ll provide the materials needed plus helpful tips so you can create your own unique masterpiece in no time. Let’s get crafting!
DIY Grapevine Wreath with Oranges and Flowers
Whether you’re an experienced crafter looking to try out something new or a beginner just getting started, this tutorial is perfect for you. We’re going to go with an orange and yellow palette for this design, which I think you’ll totally love.
- wire cutter
- Stem Cutter
- hot glue pot or glue gun
- EZ Bow Maker
How to Make a Grapevine Wreath with Oranges
The 60919 filler stem is probably one of my favorites. It is a very versatile and colorful. It’s just one of the greatest greeneries that add a little bit of color, a little bit of pop. And it really goes with almost everything.
Grapevine Wreath with Oranges and Flowers
- Remove the tag from the orange sprays and floral stems.
- Using a wire cutter, separate the longest stem on the orange spray and filler floral.
- Fluff out your floral stems and sprays.
- Pair (1) trimmed stem of orange spray and (1) trimmed stem of filler floral and secure with 2 zip ties.
- Pair larger stem of orange spray and filler floral and secure with 2 zip ties.
- Repeat with the other 2 orange spray and filler floral.
- Trim excess mixed stems with stem cutter.
- Attach the two fuller larger stems at the base using zip ties. So florals and orange spray are facing outward, with the stem portion attached at the middle.
- Determine where you'll place this on the left half of the grapevine.
- Insert the smaller orange and floral bundle into the grapevine, securing with hot glue.
- Pull out an EZ Bow Maker to hold your bow layers, until you're ready to secure together.
- Grab your 2.5" ribbon and dovetail the end of the ribbon.
- Create a 5.5" loop on each side. Insert into bowmaker to hold.
- Next, use your 1.5" ribbon create 2 x 3.5" loop on each side and 1 center loop, leaving only 1 tail on each side.
- Combine with your 1st layer and secure with a pipe cleaner.
- Dovetail any remaining ends.
- Secure to the center of the the orange and floral bunch to cover the exposed stem.
- Fluff out the bow.
- Incorporate the oranges with the florals so they look like they are growing together.
Other Summery DIY Wreath Ideas
- Create a Stunning Summer Lemon Wreath in Under 20 Minutes
- Sunflower Mesh Wreath Tutorial
- Honeycomb and Sunflower Door Hanger
- BBQ Themed Summer Wreath
- Bumble Bee Mesh Wreath
Summer Home Decor with Real Citrus Fruits
As summer approaches, it’s time to start thinking about refreshing and rejuvenating your home décor to reflect the season. One way to add a touch of liveliness and vibrancy to your home this summer is by incorporating decorative citrus fruits in your décor. Citrus fruits come in a range of bright, cheerful colors that are sure to bring a sense of warmth and joy to your space.
One of the easiest ways to incorporate citrus fruits in your décor is to use them as centerpieces on your dining table or coffee table. Try arranging a mix of lemons, limes, and oranges in a decorative bowl or platter to create a striking display. You could also use decorative citrus fruits to add color and texture to your kitchen décor, perhaps by filling a glass jar with oranges, or displaying a row of lemons or limes on a windowsill.
Decorative citrus fruits can also be used to add a touch of zest to your outdoor décor. Try hanging a wreath made of lime slices on your front door, or filling a basket with lemons and placing it on your patio table. The bright colors and refreshing fragrance of citrus fruits are perfect for creating a welcoming and cheerful atmosphere in outdoor spaces.
Overall, incorporating decorative citrus fruits in your home décor can be an easy and inexpensive way to brighten up your space for summer. With their vibrant colors and refreshing scent, citrus fruits are the perfect way to add a touch of summer to your home.
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
Just pin this grapevine wreath with oranges and flowers tutorial to save the instructions for later!