One great way to add some warmth and charm to your home is by incorporating a beautiful fall table décor piece on your dining room.
Fall is such a beautiful season, and there’s no better way to welcome it than by beautifying your home. While there are many ways to achieve this, one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways is by using faux floral and greenery stems, and a gorgeous bow to complete the look.
Floral Fall Table Décor Design Tips
If you want to create your own Fall floral table decorations here’s a few tips to get you started. But, if you prefer a guided tutorial check out Coach Fancy’s design at the bottom of this post.
She is one of our Makers University Creative Coaches and her Fall table lay is gorgeous with pops of blues mixed in with traditional Fall colors.
1. Choose your color scheme
The first step to achieving a perfect fall table décor is to choose a color scheme that matches the aesthetic of your home. You can go for a more vibrant color scheme by incorporating yellows and oranges or you can go for a more subtle look with earth tones like brown and green. Once you have decided on your color scheme, you can start picking out your faux floral and greenery stems.
2. Pick your flowers and greenery
Next, you will need to decide what types of flowers and greenery you want to incorporate into your decor. Some popular options include sunflowers, chrysanthemums, marigolds, and dahlias. For greenery, you can go for ferns, silver dollar eucalyptus, or magnolia leaves. Whatever you choose, make sure it complements your color scheme.
3. Arrange your floral stems
Once you have your flowers and greenery sorted, you can start arranging them. Start by placing the larger stems first and filling in the gaps with the smaller ones. If you have a specific floral arrangement in mind, you can refer to online tutorials or try to recreate a look you admire from a professional floral arrangement.
4. Add a gorgeous bow to tie it all together
Finally, complete the look with a beautiful bow. You can choose a simple ribbon or mix and match different textures and colors for a more detailed look. Be sure to opt for a bow that matches your color scheme and complements your floral stems.
5. Final touches
Once you have everything arranged, you can add some final touches by adding some candles or seasonal décor items around the arrangement. This will add cohesiveness to the overall look and create a warm, cozy atmosphere in your dining room.
How to Make a Table Lay for Fall Table Décor
Fall Table Lay
- 1 scissors
- 1 Mixed Fall bush use a big thick bush for a strong base
- 1 Foxtail bush
- 1 Small blue flower spray
- 1 Blue foam flower bud bush
- 1 4" Faux velvet wired ribbon
- 1 1.5" Orange faux burlap ribbon
- 1 1" Velvet with gold backing
- Zip ties
- Using your thicker mixed fall bush, create a base.
- Spread out the individual stems to make space for your other add-ins.
- Layer your other stems on top of it securing at the main stem with a zip tie.
- Fluff out your individual stems to create depth and texture.
- Using the 4" ribbon, make a loop from back to front
- Give it a good hard twist and create another loop from back to front.
- Make sure the loops are the same size.
- Next layer in the 1.5" faux burlap ribbon, repeating the same process, but this time making 2 loops on each side.
- Finally add the 1" ribbon creating 1 loop on each side.
- Secure together with a zip tie.
- Even out your ribbon tails.
- Secure to the main stem with a zip tie.
- Fluff out bow.
Pin this image to save the Fall table lay tutorial for later!
Creating your own simple fall table décor with faux floral and greenery stems is an easy and cost-effective way to beautify your home for the upcoming season. Start by choosing your color scheme, picking your flowers and greenery, arranging your stems, and adding a beautiful bow to tie it all together.
By following these steps, you’ll have a stunning arrangement that will undoubtedly impress your family and guests during your fall gatherings. With a little creativity and some simple tools, you can transform your dining room into a cozy autumn escape that everyone will love.
Other Fall Décor Tutorials
- “I Love Fall” Deco Mesh Fall Wreath Idea
- DIY Fall Grapevine Blue Truck Wreath
- How To Make A “Hello Fall” Wreath
- Playful Deco Mesh Happy Fall Wreath