Learn how to make a beautiful mesh patriotic flower wreath. This is an easy project that any level wreath-maker can do with confidence. This design comes together quickly and still looks stunning!
Hey, y’all! Flower-shaped wreaths are popular because they look incredible anywhere you hang them and add just the right ambiance any time of the year.
If you’ve spent much time on this site or in our Facebook group, you probably know that I don’t work with fresh flowers in my designs. So, when I make flower wreaths, I either use faux flowers with a grapevine base, or I use deco mesh to create a flower design.
Today Coach Mel and Coach Jordan are here to show you how to make a mesh wreath in the shape of a flower – all in patriotic red, white, and blue!
And, FYI, if you’re a Craftpreneur, pay attention because the combination of patriotic colors and the flower shape will mean this wreath will fly off your shelves! 😉
If you want to check out some of our other mesh flower wreath designs. In fact, we did an entire series of different magnolia designs because we got such a large response from our readers! Check out our white magnolia wreath, pink magnolia wreath, red magnolia wreath, and turquoise magnolia wreath designs.
Ok, let’s dive in and learn how to make your next best-selling Patriotic Flower Wreath!
How To Make A Patriotic Flower Wreath
Hey Craftpreneurs, this design comes together fast, so it’s perfect for making multiples and keeping your inventory stocked.
- (23) 10” strips of blue poly burlap mesh
- (16) 10” strips of red, white, and blue poly burlap mesh
- 8-inch zip ties
- Flower center piece
- UITC flower board
Follow along as I guide you through step-by-step on the process of making this beautiful patriotic flower wreath!
NOTE: We cut the deco mesh strips with a wood-burning tool to prevent the ends from fraying. DO NOT use this tool on your cutting mat because it will cut right through it. Instead, cut your strips on tempered glass.
Prepare your UITC board by preloading the zip ties and loosely zipping them (to make adding your mesh easier).
Start by cutting 10” strips of each color of deco mesh.
Take a single strip and fold two opposite corners into the middle to make (sort of) a kite shape. Scrunch up the middle tightly then fold the entire thing in half.
Next, insert the folded part into a zip tie on the outer ring of the UITC board and tighten the zip tie. Repeat with the same color all the way around the row of zip ties on the board. Then, cut off your excess zip ties as you go.
Repeat the same process with strips of your red, white, and blue poly burlap mesh.
Move inside one row on the UITC board and insert one folded strip into each zip tie then tighten the zip tie nice and tight. Repeat this process for every zip tie around this row of the board. Remember to cut off your excess zip ties as you go.
Move inside another row on your UITC board and grab strips of your blue mesh then repeat the same process all the way around the row.
Now it’s time to do the innermost row on the UITC board. Grab strips of your red, white, and blue mesh and repeat the same process all the way around.
Finally, add the flower center to the middle of the UITC board by securing the pipe cleaner to the back.
Find the top of your board (it has the most holes). Go ahead and add a pipe cleaner to make your hanger.
Try This Wreath Design Yourself!
Isn’t that wreath fun and adorable? I love what you can create using different poly burlap mesh colors.
If you love this design, be sure to check out our other flower designs:
- Pink And White Flower Wreath
- DIY Sunflower Wreath
- Cow Flower Wreath
- Use The UITC Flower Board To Make A Mesh Flower Wreath
And if you want a little holiday flair, try making our DIY Poinsettia Wreath Using The UITC Flower Board!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
If you’re interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths or being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.
Patriotic Flower Wreath With Mesh
- Prepare your UITC board by preloading the zip ties and zipping them loosely.
- Cut 10” strips of each color of deco mesh. You'll want 23 strips of the blue and 16 strips of the red, white, and blue.Take a single strip and fold two opposite corners into the middle then scrunch it up tightly. Fold the entire piece in half.Take the folded tip and insert it into a zip tie on the outer ring of the UITC board and tighten the zip tie. Repeat all the way around the row on the board. Cut off your excess zip ties.
- Move inside one row of zip ties on the board and repeat the same process with strips of your red, white, and blue poly burlap mesh.Go all the way around the row on the board. Remember to cut off your excess zip ties as you go.
- Move inside another row on your UITC board and grab strips of your blue mesh then repeat the same process all the way around the row.
- Now fill in your innermost row with your red, white, and blue mesh and repeat the same process all the way around.
- Finally, add the flower center to the middle of the UITC board by securing the pipe cleaner to the back.
- Find the top of your board (it has the most holes). Go ahead and add a pipe cleaner to make your hanger.
Just pin patriotic flower wreath tutorial below to find the instructions later!
If you love to craft, check out our Eat. Sleep. Craft. Repeat. t-shirts and click on the picture below!