Valentine’s Day is around the corner. If you’re just coming off of preparing for a busy holiday sales season, chances are you want a few quick and easy items to make as you beef up your inventory. Coach Jordan’s got you covered as he shares his tutorial on how to make a simple double heart door hanger.
Hey, y’all! We are in the process of wrapping up our holiday season creations and switching over to Valentine’s Day. There’s never a shortage of holidays to decorate for, which is wonderful for Creators!
We get a nice bump in sales around Valentine’s Day, as it’s one of our best holidays for sales. And if it happens to fall near Mardi Gras… look out because our shop will be hoppin’.
But for any tired Craftpreneurs out there, hang in there. Fill up your Valentine’s Day and Mardi Gras inventory, then take a short break if you need to recharge after all your crafting hard work.
I love projects like this one from Coach Jordan because I can make several of them very quickly (I’m talking under 10 minutes per heart door hanger). And when I do a few different quick designs, suddenly, I’m looking at a well-stocked online shop.
How To Make A Valentine’s Day Heart Door Hanger
We’re turning this rodeo over to Coach Jordan so he can take the reigns and show you how it’s done.
Here’s everything you need to make this lovely festive Valentine’s Day heart door hanger. I’ve included a few handy links to help make finding certain items easier.
Double Heart Door Hanger Instructions
Use these step-by-step instructions to put this project together. This project is so quick and easy because it doesn’t take much to make this door hanger pop!
Do a quick check of the door hanger base. It has a grapevine edge, so make sure there’s nothing poking out that will damage your design or your customer’s door. If there is, cut it off.
It’s time to make a simple bow by hand.
Take the 1.5” ribbon. Make (2) 4” loops with (2) 5” tails. This is the only ribbon (or bow layer) that will have two loops.
Grab the first 2.5” ribbon, and make (1) 4.5” loop with (2) 5” tails. This layer will have one loop to one side and two tails to the other side.
Now repeat with the second 2.5” ribbon, making a 4.5” loop and two tails. The loop for this layer should face the opposite direction as the previous layer.
Take your first 4” ribbon and repeat the same process, making the loop just slightly larger at 5”, and placing it on the opposite side from the loop in the layer above.
Repeat with your second 4” ribbon, making a 5” loop and two tails. Place this loop on the opposite side of the loop in the previous layer.
Take a zip tie and wrap it around the center of the bow. Close it, but BEFORE you cinch it tight, arrange your bow so it looks the way you want it to. Then pull it tightly and cut off any excess.
To attach your bow, run a zip tie through the top of the frame of your heart door hanger. Then place the center of your bow in that zip tie and cinch it tight. Trim off any excess zip tie length.
Dovetail the ribbon tails.
That’s it! Didn’t I mention this design was quick and easy? I did this in under 10 minutes, but if you do several of them, you’ll probably even be able to complete one of these heart door hangers in about 5 minutes.
Plus, it’s super simple to personalize or customize with different colors and patterns!
Make This Simple Double Heart Door Hanger For Your Door (or Store)
Now that your twin heart-shaped door hanger is complete, you won’t want to miss some of our other fun Valentine’s Day designs. Try making our:
- DIY Valentine’s Wreath with Cute Puppy Attachment
- Deco Mesh Wreath for Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day Wreath with Poly Burlap + Wreath Sign
- UITC Simple Flower Mesh Valentine Wreath
- Valentine Love Bug Wreath
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
If you’re interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths or being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.
Just pin this Valentine’s Day Double Heart Door Hanger tutorial to save the how-to instructions for next time.
Valentine’s Day Double Heart Door Hanger
- Quickly check the door hanger base to make sure there’s nothing poking out that will damage your customer’s door. If there is, cut it off.
- Make a simple bow by hand. Take the 1.5” ribbon. Make (2) 4” loops with (2) 5” tails. This is the only layer of the bow that will have two loops.With the first 2.5” ribbon, make (1) 4.5” loop with (2) 5” tails. The loop will be on one side and the two tails will be on the other side.Now repeat the process with the second 2.5” ribbon, making a 4.5” loop and two tails. Place the loop on the other side of the design to even it out.Use the first 4” ribbon and repeat the same process, making the loop 5”. Place it on the opposite side of the loop in the previous layer.Take the second 4” ribbon and do it again, making a 5” loop and two tails. This loop will go on the other side of the bow.Take a zip tie and wrap it around the center of the bow. Close it, arrange your bow, so it looks the way you want it to, then cinch it tightly.
- Run a zip tie through the top of the frame of your heart door hanger. Place the bow in that zip tie and pull it tight to attach the bow to the design. Trim off any excess zip tie length.
- Dovetail the ribbon tails.
If you’re a dog lover or know someone who is, check out our Support Dog Rescue t-shirts and click on the picture below!