Hey y’all! It’s a busy time of year for us crafters. We know how helpful it can be to learn how to make different types of wreaths in a short amount of time. Well, we asked our friend from Burlap Bowtique to teach us how she makes her beautiful, simple burlap wreath.
How to Make a Burlap Wreath
To demonstrate how she makes her Simple Burlap Wreath, Melissa from Burlap Bowtique created this easy wreath tutorial. Our guest designer, Melissa, has been a crafting entrepreneur for most of her adult life. Her love for rustic farmhouse decor shows in her wreaths, signs, and the mason jars she paints. She is a wife, mother, and grandmother and loves to include her grandchildren while crafting in her studio. All right, y’all! Let’s get started and check out her video below.
Burlap Wreath Supply and Tool List
DIY Burlap Wreath Instructions
- Using a zip tie, attach the burlap to the wire wreath form on the inner ring at a cross bar.
- Push the burlap into each section of the form creating about a 3 inch poof. Twist the burlap as you move from one ring to the other. It usually takes about 3-4 poofs in each section.
- Continue making the poofs till the form is as full as you like.
- Cut the burlap off and secure with a zip tie.
- Fluff the poofs to reveal a nice full wreath.
- When you’re done fluffing, you can make a bow using your bow maker, or whatever you like to dress up your wreath.
You can always dress up your simple burlap wreath for whatever season you’re in. It’s simple to attach and hangs beautifully indoors and outdoors. We hope you enjoyed this easy DIY burlap wreath tutorial!
As always, feel free to leave us a comment below or share this post with a friend. We appreciate getting your feedback and can’t way to provide y’all with more amazing content!
If you’re need of any help with bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths. We would love to see your burlap wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group. If you are interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths, where to buy supplies, and being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.