If you want to start a wreath making business, there are so many tips and techniques to apply when making wreaths for a profit. Here is your quick reference guide to wreath making for beginners!
Hey, y’all! There are certain things I get asked ALL the time. Sometimes multiple times in a single day, in fact. I love it because it’s my way of helping you, and making wreaths is my passion.
At the same time, I thought it might be time to put some of the most frequently asked questions…and answers…into one single post that you can reference whenever you’d like, and you’ll always have the information you need whenever the need comes up.
Consider this a quick reference guide to wreath making for beginners. ?
I Want To Help You Reach Your Wreath Making Goals
To get a feel for what YOU really want to know (in addition to the questions I get asked every day), I decided to post a question on our Facebook Page and let you answer it.
The question I asked was: What are some “newbie” wreath maker issues that you wish you learned sooner?
I was blown away by all the responses! You brought up some really good things to cover, and as I was reading through the responses, I began to notice a pattern.
Your responses typically fell into one of 3 areas:
- Product and Supplies Information
- Tips and Techniques
- Running a Business
So with that in mind, I’m going to structure today’s post so you can quickly and easily find what you need. Let’s get started with this wreath making for beginners special!
Top Issues For Anyone Wanting To Start A Wreath Making Business
Here are the top issues for anyone wanting to start making wreaths for profit. This is where you’ll find help and all that juicy, insider knowledge that no one has thought to tell you before now.
Wreath Making For Beginners: Product & Supplies information
Here is some guidance regarding products and supplies. Supplies are the backbone of your business, but knowing what you need and finding it in an affordable manner may not come naturally to everyone.
Here’s the 411.
Finding Good Prices on Supplies – Especially Deco Mesh and Ribbon
The quality of your mesh is hugely important. The same goes for your ribbon. Only use high-quality, wired ribbon when making wreaths.
If you don’t use high-quality materials, then your wreaths will not turn out the way you want them to.
We also publish information regularly on the products, tools, and supplies you need. All of those posts are geared toward wreath making for beginners and include helpful tips.
Trust me on this one.
What Tools and Supplies Do New Wreath Makers Need?
When you are first starting out, there is definitely a learning curve. You may not even know what everything is when I mention it (at first). I get it because I remember what it was like when I was just starting.
With that in mind, I am consistently creating content to help educate and inform anyone who wants to make wreaths – if I can make your learning curve less steep than my own, I’ll have done my job!
Here are just a few posts we have available already and more will follow. Don’t forget to check out our Facebook group for even more information!
How to Make a Wreath With Mesh & Other Tips and Techniques
Followers in our Facebook group gave me a long list of tips and techniques that they wished they learned sooner. In the interest of not making this post TOO long, I’m going to be brief.
Just know that we are ALWAYS creating more helpful content for you based on your feedback and questions! If your question isn’t answered here, ask it in the Facebook group because, I promise, someone else will also have the same question.
Here are a few tips that readers provided for new wreath makers that I thought were important:
- Cut your mesh longer than you think you need to at first. You can always trim it down when you have finished your wreath, but you can’t add more length once you have cut it.
- You can’t cut your roll of deco mesh in half because the mesh pulls apart.
- Use odd numbers of florals (1,3,5,7,etc). Odd numbers look better.
Tips, Techniques and Tutorial Posts:
Remember…we are creating more of these types of posts all the time! Just let us know what you need and we’ll write it.
- How to Make Terri Bow Using Pro Bow the Hand
- How to Make a Terri Bow by Hand
- 6 Bow Making Tutorials You’ll Love
- How to Make a Terri Bow Using the EZ Bow Maker
- How to Add Greenery to Your Wreath
- Helpful Tips for Creating Multiples of Your Wreath Design
- How to Attach Wreath Signs
- How to Use 4-inch Wired Ribbon
Start a Wreath Making Business: Running a Business
Questions and comments concerning the business side of wreath making covered several areas. However, most of the questions centered around:
- How to price wreaths in order to make a profit
- Ways to keep costs low
- How to increase your reach to potential customers
- Figuring out how to sell online and how much inventory to have available
Wreath Making Business Posts
We are always creating more content in this area, based on your feedback and questions! Have a question? Ask it in the Facebook group!
Here are some of the posts I have written based off some awesome questions in our support group:
- How to Calculate the Cost of Goods for Your Craft Supplies
- Tips For Attending Wreath Makers Live!
- How to Price Handmade Items and Actually Make Money
- How to Price Your Wreath for Profit
- 4 Ways to Build an Email List and Help Your Craft Business
- How to Boost Viewer Engagement in Facebook Live Video
- Etsy Seller Mistakes to Avoid
- 8 Tips to Great Craft Photography
- Use a Craft Calendar to Plan Your Craft Production
- How to Sell on Etsy + Shop Set up Guide
- Top Tools for Creating Video Tutorials
If you ever need help with any part of the wreath-making process, we would love to help. This includes any questions about bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general!