Christmas decor isn’t complete without centerpieces on your tables! Check out this simple tutorial to learn how to make DIY tree centerpieces using mini trees. They’re creative and will add that perfect touch of sparkle to your holiday decor.
Hey, y’all! Now is the time when Craftpreneurs start kicking holiday production into high gear. It doesn’t matter whether you make wreaths, centerpieces, all the above, or something totally different. You know your customers will start their annual decor shopping soon, and you need to be prepared.
When I’m trying to fill up my holiday inventory, I start with making projects that take just a little time in order to maximize my production. Then later, I’ll fill in any gaps with more specialized items.
Y’all, if you haven’t noticed, there are so many types of decorations out there for the holidays. From wreaths to trees to garlands and everything in between, there’s something for everyone. One type of decoration we’d like to highlight today is making a DIY tree centerpiece for the holidays!
Centerpieces are another wonderful piece of decor that takes your holiday decorating efforts to a whole new level. We have a friend from Ba Bam Wreaths here to show us how to make a simple DIY mini tree centerpiece.
How To Make DIY Tree Centerpieces With Mini Trees
Making DIY tree centerpieces like this one is really pretty simple. With just a few pieces, you can have a beautiful decoration perfect for the holidays!
To show us this video tutorial, we have Amy, from Ba Bam Wreaths. Amy loves to share unique, quick, easy tips and tricks to help you improve your design skills! She’s been blessed to teach and inspire with her own Facebook group, Ba Bam’s Inside Scoop, where you just never know what to expect.
Holiday DIY Tree Centerpieces With Mini Trees Video Tutorial
Sometimes watching the process in action is the best way to learn (especially for visual learners). This video tutorial will walk you through the process from start to finish and probably answer some questions along the way. Feel free to follow along and make your own as you go!
Holiday DIY Tree Centerpieces Supplies Needed
Here’s everything you’ll need to complete this project. Please note that some links may be affiliate links.
- 2 mini Christmas trees for centerpieces
- 7 sprays
- Miscellaneous ornaments
- 4-inch ribbon
- 1-1/2 inch ribbon
- Pipe cleaners
- Zip ties
Instructions For Making DIY Tree Centerpieces
- Attach 2 mini Christmas trees together by removing the base and fastening them together with zip ties.
- Spread out the branches and fluff everything out so that they look nice and full.
- Add sprays opposite each other and arrange them until you like they way they look.
- Make a simple bow with the 4-inch and 1.5 inch ribbons. You can make the bow by hand or you can use one of your bow makers to create beautiful bows in any style you love.
- Add a bow in the center with ribbon tails coming out toward both ends of the centerpiece.
- Create clusters of ornaments and attach the clusters to the design with ties.
That’s it y’all! Quick and simple, right? You’ll have a beautiful centerpiece to decorate your table or mantle for the holidays – or add it to your holiday inventory to sell – in 30 minutes or less.
Here are a couple of questions I often see readers ask regarding making projects like these DIY tree centerpieces. If you have a question that you can’t find the answer to here, make sure to leave it in the comments so we can answer it for you!
How do you decorate a Christmas table?
Centerpieces like this one are one of my favorite elements to add to a table to make it look festive and merry. In addition, you can use napkins, candles, ornaments, trinkets, and more to add even more flair and festive fun to your table.
How do you make a greenery Christmas centerpiece?
Greenery centerpieces are extremely popular during the holidays because it’s way to bring the outdoors into your home even when it’s cold outside and most plants aren’t growing.
If you would like to create DIY tree centerpieces that have more greenery, I recommend changing out the sprays to whatever style you prefer. You can certainly find some with pine needles, spruce branches and more that will give you that “fresh from the forest” feel.
Try Making Your Own DIY Tree Centerpieces
We hope you enjoyed this fun and easy tutorial! I hope you’ll try making one of these centerpieces yourself. Feel free to change up the colors and textures according to your own preferences (then share them with us in the Facebook group!).
And while you’re here, don’t forget to check out some of our other Christmas designs.
- How to Make a Christmas Pancake Wreath
- How to Make A Christmas Door Hanger
- Christmas Glitter Bow by Hand
- How To Make DIY Christmas Wreath With Vintage Santa
- DIY Christmas Grapevine Wreath
As always, feel free to leave us a comment below or share this post with a friend. We appreciate getting your feedback and can’t way to provide y’all with more amazing content!
If you’re need of any help with bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths. We would love to see your beautiful centerpieces! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
Holiday DIY Tree Centerpieces
- Remove the bases from two mini Christmas trees and attach them together using zip ties.
- Fluff out the branches of both trees so everything looks nice and full.
- Add two greenery sprays (facing opposite each other) and be sure to attach them using zip ties.
- Take both of your ribbons and use them to create a simple bow either by hand or using your favorite bow-making tool.
- Add your bow to the center of the centerpiece, making sure that you have ribbon tails falling toward both ends of the centerpiece design.
- Take ornaments and attach them together to create clusters. Add your ornament clusters to your centerpiece design.
Just pin this mini tree centerpiece tutorial to save the instructions for a later time!