Hey y’all – we put together a quick and easy fall grapevine wreath tutorial for you. We created this wreath in under 20 minutes! Whether you want to decorate your front door or if you are looking for a hot seller for your online store, this is the one.
With the busy holiday season coming up all crafters are going to need quick and simple projects to keep their stores stocked. But simple doesn’t have to look cheap! You can make a simple and elegant fall grapevine wreath in 20 minutes or less.
First we will give you a few quick tips on how to put this together. Then, we will share the tutorial on how we created this beauty. Check it out y’all!
Tips on Creating a Simple Fall Grapevine Wreath
Here are a few quick tips on keeping your design simple and quick, without compromising the “wow” factor.
- Use only a few different picks and sprays. You don’t need every different style out there, y’all. Pick a few fun pieces and stick with it.
- Trim the picks into manageable size pieces. Nothing needs to be sticking out of the wreath. The easiest way to do this is to find nice break points in the picks to make a clean cut. If you have particularly thick pieces, use a stem cutter to make it easier.
- Build out around the area you want to place your bow. One of the easiest ways to keep bows in place is to use zip ties.
- DON’T Touch the hot glue. It HURTS. Enough said!
- Leave a portion of the grapevine untouched. When you’re making a fall grapevine wreath, the grapevine itself is part of the fall-charm. Let it show!
- Add some dimension to the project. You don’t just have to build left or right on the wreath, you can angle the florals out away from the door
- Have some fun and use products you love to add texture and color to make the design your own.
Video: How to Make a Fall Grapevine Wreath
Ready to get to the tutorial? I’ll walk you through exactly how to make this fall wreath in less than 20 minutes. Craft alongside me!
How to Make a Fall Grapevine Wreath
Did you love this piece? Here’s everything you need to start making this festive decor.
Fall Grapevine Wreath Supplies
Here’s a quick list of what we used for this project, but you can always check out DecoExchange for all your craft supply needs.
What about the bow?
There is some guidance on bow making in the video above but everyone knows the bow is a crucial part of your design. Check out the statement the bow makes on this project. To be honest, it would be pretty plain without it.
If bow making is something you struggle with I highly recommend you check out a previous blog post that walks you through how to make a few different types of bows. They get easier in time, but learning them is well worth the effort.
Closing Thoughts on Creating a Simple Grapevine Projects
Making a gorgeous piece for your shop is a no-brainer. But you can make simple “moneymaker” projects at a low price point that will fly off the shelves. This project cost us $55.97 to make (not counting the 20 minutes) and we are expecting it to retail at $149.99.
If you are interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths, where to buy supplies, and being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group