Hey, y’all — so one of the comments I see posted over and over are that people struggle with how to make deco mesh wreaths. Deco mesh wreaths are still my best selling wreaths and they even make a thoughtful gift to give to any family member for Holidays, Birthdays or special occasions. Hopefully these easy how to make a deco mesh wreath instructions and the how to make a wreath detailed video will help you through your wreath making journey!
How to Make a Deco Mesh Wreath For Autumn
So we’re going to make a cute, simple, basic deco mesh wreath. Of course, you’ll need some supplies to make this wreath. But remember, y’all can always substitute ribbons, colors, and the basics to make it your own wreath design for any season or holiday. If you don’t have much for supplies, this deco mesh wreath design will wow your guests!
Supplies To Make A Deco Mesh Wreath:
- 15″ wreath work form
- 21″ Roll of Deco Mesh
- 10″ Roll of Deco Mesh
- Rectangular Sign
- 2 Rolls of 2.5″ Wired Ribbon
- 2 Rolls of 1.5″ Wired Ribbon
- Rotary Cutter
- Cutting Mat
- Pipe Cleaners
- Mounting Squares
- DAP Rapid Fuse Gel Glue
- EZ Bow Maker
- Want 15% off of $100 or more order? Sign Up for your Birthday Coupon!
How To Make A Deco Mesh Wreath Step by Step Instructions:
- Add your 21″ mesh to your frame with 10″ poofs. Start on the top ridge and then move to the bottom ridge.
- Cut your 10″ mesh into 18 inch strips. For a 15-24″ Premade Work Form you’ll need 18 pieces of the mesh.
- Ruffle each piece of the 10″ mesh and insert one ruffle into each twist tie.
- Using your EZ Bow Maker, make a large bow for the wreath.
- Attach your sign to your wreath, you can either staple pipe cleaners to the back or you can use 1″x1″ electrical mounting squares with dap rapid fuse glue to hold them in place.
- Attach your bow to the wreath by twisting the pipe cleaners through the mesh and around the frame
- Now its time to add your tails. Cut 18 strips of 1 of your 2.5″ Ribbon, and each of your 1.5″ ribbons – they should be 14″ long. I love using my ribbon board from Hot Mesh Mom to get this completed.
- Dove tail all of your ribbon tails
- Layer one of the 2.5″ ribbon, and both of your 1.5″ ribbons on top of each other, make into a V shape and add into each twist tie. All of your ribbon tails should be pointing out and away from your wreath.
- Adjust, Trim, and curl tails on bow
- Review wreath for any final touches, make sure all the tails are trimmed and pointing out, no curled / bent ribbon
- Hang it on your door, sell it online, or give it as the perfect gift!
All right. That’s it, y’all! If you’re interested in other wreath kits, check out what we have available on DecoExchange.
Share your Autumn and Fall themed wreaths with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group. We’d love to see all your creations! If you are interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths, where to buy supplies, and being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.