Save time by taking a simple pre-made wreath and transforming it into a designer wreath that you can hang on your door or add to your shop. This White Pumpkin Wreath design is a terrific example of how to use this technique when you’re short on time (or supplies).
Hey, y’all! We’ve been having so much fun making seasonal decor as we head into the fall and holiday season.
How can we, as Craftpreneurs, create wreaths for ourselves or add to our inventory when we are short on time?
Do you know how you can use shortcuts in cooking to create homemade meals? Well, you can apply a similar concept to wreath making.
Today, Stephanie and I are showing you how to take a pre-made white pumpkin wreath and transform it into a designer wreath that anyone will love.
How To Make A White Pumpkin Wreath
I love a great design that saves time (time’s our most precious commodity, y’all)!
Here’s how Stephanie and I turned a pre-made white pumpkin wreath into an original piece. The process is as easy as 1…2…3 (and 4)!
Start by fluffing out the attachments on the wreath form to make them look fuller and more life-like.
Next, take your 1.5” ribbon and cut (5) 32” strips. We’re going to make a layered bow with these strips.
Let’s make that simple layered bow! Note: each layer contains only one loop and alternates the side where the loop goes.
Grab the first strip, measure 8,” pinch and make a 7” loop. You’ll have one short tail toward the top of the bow and one long tail toward the bottom. Place this layer down in your EZ Bow Maker while you work on the next layer.
Take your second strip and repeat the process, positioning this layer so that the loop is on the other side of the bow.
Repeat the process again with your 3rd ribbon strip, making this loop a little smaller (about 6.5”).
Take your fourth ribbon strip and make another single loop layer with the smaller tail toward the top of the bow and the long tail toward the bottom.
Repeat this process one final time, making the loop slightly smaller (about 6”).
Carefully take your bow off of the EZ Bow Maker and wrap a pipe cleaner around the middle to secure it. Hold on to the pipe cleaner behind the bow and twist the bow to tighten it up and make the bow pop.
Using the same pipe cleaner, attach the bow to the white pumpkin wreath. Then dovetail the ends and fluff out the bow, arranging the ribbon tails toward the back of the bow.
Pro Tip: I recommend pulling some of the wreath pieces (white pumpkins, balls, etc) toward the front, so the design looks more blended and professional.
That’s it, y’all! Stephanie did a great job on that bow! Even though she felt like it wasn’t coming out just right, we all saw how it doesn’t have to be perfect to look amazing when all is said and done!
Add This White Pumpkin Wreath Design To Your Inventory!
I love being able to find ways that save me time so I can continue to deliver unique homemade designs to my customers. Just remember, y’all, you don’t necessarily have to make everything from the ground, up.
Smart innovations and time-saving tricks can help you be more productive while still creating unique products that you can feel good about selling. As always, feel free to personalize this design by swapping out colors and patterns.
While you’re here, check out these other popular fall designs too:
- Fall Grapevine Wreath
- Cotton Wreath For Fall
- Fall Harvest Wreath
- Designer Fall Grapevine Wreath With A Pumpkin Sign
- Fall Deco Mesh Wreath
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
Simple Designer White Pumpkin Wreath (In Under 10 Minutes)
- Start by fluffing out the attachments on the wreath form to make them look fuller and more life-like.
- Next, take your 1.5” ribbon and cut (5) 32” strips. We’re going to make a layered bow with these strips.
- Using your EZ Bow Maker and the first strip of ribbon, make an 8” tail (toward the top of the bow) and a 7” loop. Take the long tail left over and angle that toward the bottom of the bow. Take your second strip and repeat the process, positioning this layer so that the loop is on the other side of the bow.Repeat the process again with your 3rd ribbon strip, making this loop only 6.5”.And repeat it again with your fourth ribbon strip.For the fifth ribbon strip, go through the process one final time, making the loop about 6”.Take your bow off of the EZ Bow Maker as you wrap a pipe cleaner around the middle to secure all the layers together. Hold the pipe cleaner behind the bow as you twist the bow to tighten it up.
- Using the same pipe cleaner, attach the bow to the white pumpkin wreath. Then dovetail the ends and fluff out the bow, arranging the ribbon tails toward the back of the bow.
Just pin this white pumpkin wreath tutorial to save these instructions for next time!
If you’re a dog lover or know someone who is, check out our Support Dog Rescue t-shirts and click on the picture below!