Want to learn a quick and simple bow tutorial? In this post, Parker demonstrates how to make an easy bow in about 15 minutes! The bow is fun, bright, and best of all, simple to make.
This bow tutorial is actually easy to make especially if you’re just getting started with I also show you an easy trick I learned for making the center of your bow look finished and professional.
Easy and Simple Bow Tutorial by Parker
Often when we are making wreaths, especially when we are first starting out, we want to dive in and do all the things at once. That is definitely fun and can produce some gorgeous creations but sometimes we need to just get back to basics. The video below will show you how to make a simple bow and, even though I’m no professional, it turns out really well!
I made this multi-layered bow using some pretty spring ribbon that I found in the warehouse. I’m using three different ribbon widths and multiple patterns but you can use any combination that looks good to you! Perfecting this bow will mean you’ll be able to add to wreaths for all occasions. If you’re looking for tips on how to choose ribbon colors and patterns for your bows, we have a whole blog post about that.
Using the EZ Bow Maker makes bow making so much simpler which is why I’m using it in this video. If you like the idea of making perfectly even bows every time you can snag your bow maker at DecoExchange. If you are looking for different types of bows to make with the bow maker you can check out this post Damon did and learn other styles!
Simple and Quick Bow Tutorial
- Get your EZ Bow Maker and ribbons.
- With the 4" ribbon, measure 12" tail and (1) 6" loop on each side.
- Next, take your 2.5" ribbon, measure 12" tail and 1 loop on each side slightly smaller.
- Then take your other 2.5" ribbon, measure 12" tail and 1 loop on each side slightly smaller.
- Now, take your 1.5" ribbon, measure 12" tail and 1 loop on each side slightly smaller.
- Then get your pipe cleaner and wrap around the center of your bow. Twist nice and tight.
- Take your 4" ribbon, cut a strip. Fold in half and then in half again. Tie around the middle of the bow to cover the pipe cleaner. Hot glue in the back to secure it.
Y’all, this super simple bow tutorial will show you how to make bows that are perfect for all occasions. You’ll be able to whip them out in no time which will let you spend more time on other things like shopping for florals and designing your next project!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful summer wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.