Learn how to make a patriotic wreath featuring the Terri Bow. Watch as I show you the secret to making the bows, and how I put them all together to create a gorgeous finished look. This is a festive display that’s perfect for the 4th of July or any other patriotic holiday!
I’m excited about this one, y’all. This large deco mesh wreath base was the perfect item to use to create a one-of-a-kind patriotic wreath! I had a blast making Terri Bows and adding them to the form using a secret weapon (aka zip ties). Here’s visual proof that little things really do add up! 😉
How to Make a Terri Bow using Pro Bow the Hand
Let’s talk a bit about this Terri Bow real quick. The trick with the Terri Bow is you’ve got to have the right ribbon. You really need a good, wide ribbon. It also should be a firmer ribbon – so this is not the time to use any silk! A soft ribbon won’t hold its shape well, and that is the opposite of what we want here. Your standard craft store ribbon will probably not do the trick—here’s where I recommend you get ribbon for this patriotic wreath and all those Terri Bows!
How to Make a Patriotic Terri Bow using the Pro Bow
- Sort out what ribbons you will be using. Measure out 4 pieces of floral wire about 24-inches each. Cut the floral wire with your wire cutters.
- Let's start with our first ribbon. Measure out about 7-inches for the tail. Take a wire and fold it in half, give it a pinch around the ribbon, and we're going to tie it off. Wrap the ribbon around your center peg. Pinch on the bottom peg, twist, and tie it off on the top.
- Now that you have your center loop, you'll need to add your second wire. Fold the wire in half and work it through.
- Take your 2.5" ribbon, trim into a dovetail, Measure out about 7-inches for the tail. Take a wire and fold it in half, give it a pinch around the ribbon, and we're going to tie if off. Wrap the ribbon around the next peg. Pinch on the bottom peg, twist, and loop on the other side. Cut the dovetail. Tie off with the wire.
- Repeat the step above until all the pegs are used working your way outwards from the center peg. Once you're done, tie off, unwrap the first wire from the top and bottom from when you first started. Take off your bow from the Pro Bow.
- Take your fluff box, place the bow in the center and wrap the wires on the side hooks to keep it in place. Fluff out your bow, start with the outside and work your way to the center.
As you can see, the key to making this patriotic wreath is really nailing those Terri Bows. Make sure to bow maker… this will be impossible to do without one, y’all!
If you need any help with centerpiece-making, bow-making, wreath-making, or crafting in general, be sure to check out more of our tutorials on How to Make Wreaths.
We would love to see your beautiful wreaths! Please share with us over at the How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.