Hey y’all! We love making all types of bows. They’re easy to make and perfect to add to any wreath or door hanger. In our Dollar Tree Candy Cane Door Hanger tutorial, we made a 3-2-1 bow to accent our door hanger. Well, here’s a detailed tutorial on how me made it.
Remember, this bow technique can be used with different ribbon designs to decorate for any occasion.
What is a 3-2-1 Bow?
A 3-2-1 bow is a multi-layered bow that is easy and quick to make. It can take less than 5 minutes to create this simple bow. Below is a quick video of the bow tutorial.
DIY Bow Supplies and Tools
Make Your Own 3-2-1 Bow using 5/8″ Ribbon
- Taking your EZ Bow Maker and your choice of 1.5-inch ribbon, make 3 6-inch loops on each side. When you’re done, cut the ribbon with enough to have a dove tail.
- Make 2 5.5-inch loops on each side. When you finish, cut the ends.
- Make 1 5-inch loop on each side and cut to make a tail.
- Now take your 5/8-inch ribbons and add a single loop on one side with each ribbon. This will be used to fill up the center of your bow.
- Hold down the center and tie off with a pipe cleaner nice and tight.
- Adjust and fluff the bow to how you want it to look.
Try making your own 3-2-1 Bow and let us know how what you think. Share it in our How to Make Wreaths group. We’d love to see your beautiful bows!
You can find all of these supplies at DecoExchange. If you are interested in more info on learning how to make wreaths, where to buy supplies, and being in a community of like-minded crafters, check out our Creative Coaching Subscription Group.