Many of the projects you’ve seen on How to Make Wreaths include 1.5 or 2.5-inch ribbon, but every now and then you’ll catch us incorporating 4-inch wired ribbon.
Y’all 4″ ribbon is perfect for creating beautiful layered bows. It’s not exclusive to any season too. There are some really detailed designs that come with a wider surface area.
How Can I Use 4-inch Wired Ribbon?
Remember friends, bows are not exclusive to wreaths. We’ve used them on garlands, centerpieces, tree toppers, and more. So get creative!
Here are some of the more recent tutorials that require 4-inch ribbon.
You can see how all the different sizes and patterns really create a full and layered design.
This sunflower and windmill wreath could really be hung all year round. The neutral toned 4″ ribbon creates a beautiful transition between the floral steams and bow.
Isn’t the 4″ ribbon in this bow gorgeous?! This is the perfect example of taking a budget-friendly piece and giving it a makeover. The silver and black really turn this snowman tree topper into a designer Christmas decor element.
How to Make a Bow Using 4″ Wired Ribbon?
Watch the video below to see how we created a multi-layered ribbons using 3 of the most common sized ribbons available.
How to Make a Bow with 4" Ribbon
- Take out your ribbons and EZ Bow Maker.
- Start with the 4" ribbon. Measure 12" tail and 6" loop on each side.
- Next, take your 2.5" ribbon. Measure 12" tail and (2) 5.5" loops on each side.
- Last, take your 1.5" ribbon. Measure 12" tail and a 5" loop on each side.
- Take your pipe cleaner and tie off the center of your bow nice and tight. You can cut your tails at an angle or turn them in to dovetails. Fluff out your bow.
Where Can I Find 4″ Wired Ribbon?
We love making things easier y’all!
Here are some of our favorites over at our warehouse. You can find them all at DecoExchange.
We can’t wait to see some of your own designs using 4″ ribbon! Make sure to share photos over at our How To Make Wreaths Facebook Group.
We Think You’ll Enjoy These Related Posts: